Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Under Layers for Intex - need advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Under Layers for Intex - need advice

I am still gathering everything to get the Intex 26' x 52" set up soon. Ground guy supposed to level the spot in 2 weeks (this is pond repair season here in cattle country).
    Anyway, until this morning I planned to purchase and put down the anti fatigue mats and tape with Gorilla tape. I purchased the tape. I just saw an ad for a home close-out store with a bargain price for 1/2" foam insulation sheets. They are the kind with shiny foil-like barriers on both sides. Would that stuff work?
    Summer Water: Intex 26'x52" pool with Intex 2500gph filter pump and Intex SWG; Winter Water: Spa-In-A-Box, 5'

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Under Layers for Intex - need advice

I suppose it would, but I am only guessing.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought the same kind thinking that's what everyone was talking about. I bought the PolyPro ESP insulation foam. Hope it's right for the price!
    On another note... I'm still battling my pavers! Ive decided to go with the "retaining wall" pavers in the full circle, using the water level (thank you

We have a 15'x48" Pro Series above ground pool - with salt water filter system!!! Year 7 and I'm trying to get more creative ... Really wish we could keep it up year round!

4. Back To Top    #4

Richard!!! (it magically hit send!) ugh. Anywho... I'm running into the same ole confusion about the layering I guess
    So I have the area leveled. Pavers near leveled to ground level.
    Then...
    Foam board? Over or cut out for the pavers?
    Gorilla pad!
    And I am so not messing with a tarp that becomes a mosquito breeding ground in a week!

We have a 15'x48" Pro Series above ground pool - with salt water filter system!!! Year 7 and I'm trying to get more creative ... Really wish we could keep it up year round!

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Supermommys4 View Post
    Quick update...
    I FINALLY got all the pavers (I used the 4x12" retaining wall bricks) level (thanks to my trusty water level "thank you Richard!")
    Although with 5 left... I dropped one of the stones on my foot... OUCH!
    After the wonderful ER visit, I was back to work! Brace and all!
    Got them all level
    Backfilled with the dirt sand mix that I'd dug out for the pavers
    Rained last night so I'll I'll go out today and see how it all settled in and add backfill where it's needed!
    QUESTION!
    I purchased a gorilla pad and am using the foam boards for the first time this year!
    Does the layers go
    Sand foam board gorilla pad?
    Also, I've read that some put the foam board over the pavers, some cut them out for the legs! I'd rather not have to cut other than trimming around the corners.
    Does anyone with a round agp have any pics?
    Thanks y'all, I've read through the forums a million times, just not grasping it! Ugh

7. Back To Top    #7

Quick update...
    I FINALLY got all the pavers (I used the 4x12" retaining wall bricks) level (thanks to my trusty water level "thank you Richard!")
    Although with 5 left... I dropped one of the stones on my foot... OUCH!
    After the wonderful ER visit, I was back to work! Brace and all!
    Got them all level
    Backfilled with the dirt sand mix that I'd dug out for the pavers
    Rained last night so I'll I'll go out today and see how it all settled in and add backfill where it's needed!
    QUESTION!
    I purchased a gorilla pad and am using the foam boards for the first time this year!
    Does the layers go
    Sand foam board gorilla pad?
    Also, I've read that some put the foam board over the pavers, some cut them out for the legs! I'd rather not have to cut other than trimming around the corners.
    Does anyone with a round agp have any pics?
    Thanks y'all, I've read through the forums a million times, just not grasping it! Ugh

8. Back To Top    #8

Is it normal for the pavers to look unlevel??? Or am I not using my water level properly!
    I marked a line on the jug - same on my stick that I taped the tubing to!
    I'm either really dumb or this is tricky?!

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

I dont know about the layering, but on the foam question some foams dont like water and some do not care (pink), you would have to see what kind of foam it is
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" Filled to 40-45", 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener

10. Back To Top    #10

Wow, the brace and foot pic, hope you get better soon! I wish my spot looked as good as yours! Someone will be along to give you the right layers!
    6500 gallon SummerWaves AGP. Taylor k-2006, Jacuzzi sand filter and two speed pump. City water. Third year in use!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by cfherrman View Post
    I dont know about the layering, but on the foam question some foams dont like water and some do not care (pink), you would have to see what kind of foam it is
    Thank you! I read all wrong and thought I was to not get the pink or blue! Ugh!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by JEC11718 View Post
    Wow, the brace and foot pic, hope you get better soon! I wish my spot looked as good as yours! Someone will be along to give you the right layers!
    Ha! Yes! It's a for sure battle wound! Lol. And thanks. I'm going into my 8th year with a 15' - you'd think I'd have it set by now! Lol
    I battle the back of the yard being higher than towards the house... so getting rain water to drain and not pool or flood my house is always a challenge!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

lay the foam on the ground and then the pad, walk on it. Lay the pad on the ground and then the foam, walk on it. Choose the one you think feels best.
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" Filled to 40-45", 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener

14. Back To Top    #14

Ok... after much frustration... I have purchased the correct foam board and I am taping the seams with gorilla tape!
    This is the board I bought https://www.menards.com/main/buildin...14816739160440!!
    I purchased 6 boards for my 15' pro series AGP... and it doesn't cover the whole area!!!
    Soooo... I'll hobble back and spend the rest of my life's saving on more board! ! I'm soooo over it!

15. Back To Top    #15

Ok... after much frustration... I have purchased the correct foam board and I am taping the seams with gorilla tape!
    This is the board I bought https://www.menards.com/main/buildin...14816739160440!!
    I purchased 6 boards for my 15' pro series AGP... and it doesn't cover the whole area!!!
    Soooo... I'll hobble back and spend the rest of my life's saving on more board! ! I'm soooo over it!