Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    141

    Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    I need a new Dolphin!

    My beloved M4 died after 5 years of service.

    The Quantum on Amazon looks brilliant but Epic pool supply (where I got my M4) sells older models. Z5, pro models, etc.

    I think I also saw some mixed comments on this topic.

    Any reason not to get the Quantum?!
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Patrick_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Midland TX
    Posts
    14,999

    Re: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    I dont know that one. My buddy has the Z5, I have the M5, and Im hoping mine doesnt die after its fifth year next year.

    The Z5 seems a good choice too, but I love mine and will likely go back to it. What happened to the M4?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    141

    Re: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    I dont know that one. My buddy has the Z5, I have the M5, and Im hoping mine doesnt die after its fifth year next year.

    The Z5 seems a good choice too, but I love mine and will likely go back to it. What happened to the M4?
    The power supply got wet and it died. I already replaced it once. It's ok I run it so hard. It's been great. It's time for a new one.
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Parkland, FL
    Posts
    753

    Re: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    If the Z5 is still around 1000 with 3 year warranty, its hard to beat that.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    141

    Re: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    If the Z5 is still around 1000 with 3 year warranty, its hard to beat that.
    Why? Isn't the Quantum newer?
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Akathisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    130

    Re: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    I have the Triton Plus 2016 version which = Z5 (see the link below about different names for the same robots) and it's been great. Easy to use, easy to clean and pulls up stuff I never knew was in my pool before. Next mini-project is unbolting the Polaris booster pump and making more room on my pad.

    The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You | Sunplay
    23k gal IG, plaster; IntelliPro 4 x 160 Variable Speed; STA-RITE S7M120 300 sqft cartridge filter; Intellichlor IC40 SWG; Pentair EasyTouch; Maytronics Dolphin Triton Plus robotic cleaner named "Domo" (arigato Mr. Roboto); Hot Spring Vanguard Spa, TF-100 test kit w/SpeedStir, SampleSizer w/Taylor Calibrated Cylinders and FlowVis Flow Meter from TFTestkits.net. Auto fill and Auto drain. Chlorine / CYA Chart

  7. Back To Top    #7


    TFP Guide

    bmoreswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Central MD
    Posts
    4,153

    Re: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by Akathisia View Post
    I have the Triton Plus 2016 version which = Z5 (see the link below about different names for the same robots) and it's been great. Easy to use, easy to clean and pulls up stuff I never knew was in my pool before. Next mini-project is unbolting the Polaris booster pump and making more room on my pad.

    The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You | Sunplay
    Ha, I cut my booster pump out in the fall and will buy a robot this spring! That article has been helpful for me. Numerous ones missing but it's got a lot of them.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Canton/GA
    Posts
    5

    Re: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    I purchased a Quantum a month ago. I have used it three times and the results for me are fantastic. It is easy to clean with the removable basket and comes with the course screens for larger things and the fine cartridge for the fine silt. Works great with both. Pool is a gunite pebble tech free form 20,000 gallon pool with steps, seating ledge, and tanning ledge. Does the tile line, steps and seating ledge but will not climb onto the tanning ledge. I guess that is fine with me as the ledge is only 6 inches deep. Simple tp use, just drop it in turn it on and about three hours later take it out. I have yet to see any spots it misses. Good luck!
    Rich and June - Free Home GA
    20K Gunite pool with Wet Edge Satin Matrix Northshore Tahoe Blue plaster
    2 bubblers in tanning ledge and three sheers in rock wall, two skimmers
    Hayward variable speed pump
    Belgard two tone pavers for the deck.

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Mod Squad Texas Splash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio
    Posts
    17,340

    Re: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    Have a great day!
    Capture.JPG
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

  10. Back To Top    #10
    azsnowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    30

    Re: Dolphin Quantum vs other dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by polovette96 View Post
    I purchased a Quantum a month ago. I have used it three times and the results for me are fantastic. It is easy to clean with the removable basket and comes with the course screens for larger things and the fine cartridge for the fine silt. Works great with both. Pool is a gunite pebble tech free form 20,000 gallon pool with steps, seating ledge, and tanning ledge. Does the tile line, steps and seating ledge but will not climb onto the tanning ledge. I guess that is fine with me as the ledge is only 6 inches deep. Simple tp use, just drop it in turn it on and about three hours later take it out. I have yet to see any spots it misses. Good luck!
    Still happy with your Quantum? I just ordered one.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •