Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Bond

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Bond

I'm gathering up all the supply's that are needed for the electrical install for my new FG pool. (It won't be installed for 6 weeks or so.) I have all the other bonds figured out except the water bond. My pool lights PAL will not have any metal rings and I won't have any metal ladders. Do you guys see any problems with me installing a skimmer bond like Amazon.com: POOL BONDING KIT by BURNDY, LLC MfrPartNo BWB680AGRK: Kitchen Dining I know they say there suppose to be for AB pools. But I thought If I got it installed before the concrete is pored then it should work for me also. Correct?

Mike

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Water Bond

Permacast makes a similar piece but it threads in instead of clamping over the pipe
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

3. Back To Top    #3

The skimmer bond seams like a reasonable work around. The threaded permacast fitting in the suction line near the skimmer is another. It sounds like you won't be able to access this fitting down the road which make me lean towards the permacast fitting over the skimmer waterbug. The downside to this method is if your water is ever below the skimmer you will lose your water bond. Not a huge concern as pretty much all above ground pools share the same problem. If by some chance you will have a bottom drain install the bond fitting there.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks I did not know about the Permacast option.

5. Back To Top    #5

Check your light niche it may have a metal plate for a water bond.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall