Resurfacing a gunite pool please advise

Jun 11, 2013
Sun Valley, California
My pool is due to be resurfaced/ repainted. I am kind of a pioneer diy-er and repainted my pool in 2012 jet black.
The results were stunning but the paint did not retain it's blackness. So now I am considering jet black epoxy coating.
I spoke to a pool contractor who did not advise epoxy because he said the color does not stay either. He showed me the closest thing to black which was black pebbles. The issue I have with that is that the pebbles,although very dark , are not uniform in color and the bottom will still be visible.
Another option would be resurfacing with fiber glass and black epoxy. Any advice on color fastness and life expectancy on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sample pictures at: Sample pics. - Google Photos

Agreed that paint and epoxy will,only last 2 or 3 years. We have black pebblesheen and the black plaster started fading in a few years, now after 5 years it is more gray than black. The only black finish that I know that holds its color is aquabright. But, it is expensive. More expensive here, Pool School - Pool Surfaces

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.