Remodel in Plano Complete-- Pool is Full

Re: Remodel in Plano

Mind if I ask what the remodel set you back? Curious as I'm looking to do mine down the road and yours looks Fantastic!
Thanks

Sure... Wet Edge Prism Matrix in Constellation $7420. Just happened that my favorite color in Prism Matrix happened to also be one of the tier 1 colors. $350 for extra abalone seashells. New mastic will be $4 a foot. Replaced the 2 old lights with white LEDs for $1000. We had to have some flagstones re-mortared and got a replacement pool heater.

Here are the Wet Edge prices we got...
Prism Matrix Twilight or Constellation $7,420.00. (both are level 1)

Supreme Matrix Capri or Cerulean Blue $7,034.00.

Pearl Matrix Tahoe $5,978.00.

Pearl Matrix Mediterranean $7,513.00.

Hope this info helps...

Well, the pool is full, adding acid 2-3 times a day, brushing several times a day. Water is looking pretty good, not too cloudy with plaster dust after I brush. You can really see the sparkle of those seashells in person. And the glass beads. Very happy with the color we chose, know it might get more blue when we are done with the startup period. (A fountain attachment goes into the bottom of the spa floor, we are refabricating it in grey to blend in better.
DSC02815.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02818.jpg

Just curious, but why did you decide to do the reno? The original pictures didn't really show any issues that I could see or was it just time for a new color. It is awesome that you got 19 years out of the initial plaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, I can see the bling in the spa. That is exactly the look I'm going for and I also love the planter for various reasons ( especially since I did something similar) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Meow and Will... we are really happy with how it turned out. Looked a little bluer (and clearer) today. Will try to get some more pics tomorrow.

Esloser, the plaster was starting to get rough. Pool also had some stains from a yaupon holly that dropped berries into it and just old age. We didn't think it looked that bad, well, until we drained it. Then we saw what rough shape it was in. Wanted to replace the finish before it degraded any further and caused problems with the integrity of the gunite.

Never did like the white finish. We built a pool at our home in San Antonio way back in 1988 and used a plaster called Mountain Stream green.... made it look just like a pond. That pool had a rock waterfall which had palms and banana trees planted behind it. This pool came with the house. Liked the design (although I would have made it deeper) but just was waiting for the plaster to start wearing out so I could change the color.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.