So why no swimming during plaster break-in period?

Well, they've got a great warranty. We start filling tomorrow and it's July 4th. I've got a friend who told me I could ask the fire department to fill it. If the kids are careful (no toys, hard objects, etc.) and don't mind the eye irritation, what are we risking?

I've said what I'm going to say, You can either listen or not. I really don't care but I don't waste my time here just so I can type BUT you might want to reread the thread again then read about plaster start up in Pool School. On new plaster (and aggregate IS plaster) your water chemistry is going to be a mess for the first few weeks. Get used to it. I hope you have a decent test kit already because you are going to need one!

Sequesterant is what binds with metals in the water and keeps them "in solution" so they don't deposit on the pool surface. If metals are present you need weekly or monthly maintenance doses of sequesterant to prevent staining.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.