I have been so obsessed with SLAM, I have forgotten everything else.

cliptx

Mar 11, 2017
SE. TX
I have been so worried about getting the swamp monster out of the pool, I obsessed over the video and tutorial about SLAMing the pool. I am almost to the point of just getting to the maintaining part that I've forgotten what all the normal numbers should be. (To be honest, I took over the pool stuff from hubby, he usually does it so I barely knew it from last year)

Can you please help a noob. :)

Rain, Now what??

We have a crazy thunderstorm today. I ran out and checked the FC and CC and the filter is still running but I can't clean it.(Well I could but holding a metal pole in a thunderstorm reaalllllly doesn't seem like a bright idea LOL)

So what do I do now?

I am guessing that messed everything up, I did clean out the strainer on the pool filled with more algae causing debris.

Last night
FC 16
CC 1

This morning(Not sure when the rain started)
FC13
CC1

Re: Rain, Now what??

I guess you are in the middle of a SLAM? It takes a whole, whole lot of rain to change the pool chems much. If you are, keep doing what ypu need too when it is safe. If you have a SLAM thread going, post this up in there as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cliptx, I think I have missed which test kit you are using?

Can you provide these results? The most important now are the CYA, FC, pH to a SLAM, but if you have the CH and TA that would be helpful too. Thanks.
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Yippee :flower:

Last FC test was at 6pm it was 14, used the calculator(pool math) to get it back to 16.

It is 8pm and my tests are as follows.
FC16
CC1
PH 7,4
TA is 120
CH 100
CYA is under 30 (I started it at 40, I checked last week it was at 35)

Ok... CC of 1 tells us something is still in there chewing up your chlorine. So you're not quite ready to end a SLAM yet. Remeber the 3 parameters for ending a SLAM:

1) Water is clear
2) CC is <0.5
3) You pass the OCLT with no more than a drop of 1ppm of FC.

Yip :flower:

LOL, excited is good! That's the stuff that keeps your momentum up.

The test isn't easy to read under 30, so use PoolMath to take it up to 40ppm of CYA. You're in hot, sunny Texas and can use it. Do you have some stabilizer at the house? It shouldn't take too much.

Yip :flower:

So I was able to do a night testing. It was 15 CC was .5
This morning the reading was odd. FC was 12 and CC 0

We had a crazy amount of rain last night, our pool over flowed. So I am assuming that everything is off. I looked in the pool(Yippee, I am able to see the bottom pretty clearly) and I didn't see much debris.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.