Pool Cleaner Suggestion

Mar 24, 2017
Dallas, TX
Hello all,

Forgive my ignorance to pools and cleaners as I am a new/first-time homeowner and pool owner. My pool is a very old lima bean shaped pool with one skimmer, a main drain and one return. My pool sits under a nice west texas cedar which sheds like crazy. I am in need of suggestions: I would like to get a pool a cleaner to run while the pump runs on the timer. I have a 120 v pump. I was thinking of getting a Polaris 360 which can connect to my single return, clean my pool and disperse fresh water to dead areas in the deep end. THis would also keep my skimmer clear to keep working. THoughts?

Also, I don't have a chlorinator, so my chlorine tabs sit in the skimmer basket. Do you suggest a floater? I hear the floaters can get stuck in certain areas and not dispense properly.

Also, I am constantly adding water to the pool and think I may have a leak - not a good start to pool ownership.

Thanks!!

Welcome to TFP, BUWolverine! :handwave:

I am a new convert to robotic cleaners- I just got my Doheny Discovery robot and wow! It works great!! One great thing about robots is that they're not tied into the pool plumbing. This is the one I and *many* others here have- Doheny's Discovery Powered by Dolphin | Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast
Take a look at it.

As a sidenote to something you mentioned: We don't routinely recommend the use of chlorine pucks in a floater *or* a skimmer as the *other* ingredients they bring with them that cause problems when its builds up. Often folks come here with green pools and they never understood that pucks can cause problems. Not to say we never use them, but folks generally save them for use during vacations or extended times away and learn here how to plan ahead for this contingency.

We encourage folks to use liquid chlorine (aka "bleach") or a Salt Water Chlorine Generator for their chlorine needs. Neither one adds anything to your pool *except* chlorine. AND most importantly we encourage accurate testing to monitor the water. You can read all about this in our PoolSchool section <found above>

Again, welcome to TFP. Nice to have you here.

Yippee :flower:

If you have a budget invest on a robotic pool cleaner because it is very convenient. There are so many robotic pool cleaners in the market that are easy to use depending on your budget. Anywayer, we are using Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover and so far so good. This is actually a 2 hour automatic shut-off timer so you can do other things while this is running. It has 24 volt pump that provided vacuum suction and jet drive propulsion. This robotic cleaner is actually affordable and fits anyone's budget.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.