Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for new pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for new pump

I have an A.O. Smith Centurian switchless motor - I think it is 1HP
    IMG_2050.jpg

I want to buy a variable speed pump and I am looking at the Pentair 011018 Intelliflo Variable speed pump - 3 HP

I have a pool that is between 20,000 and 25,000 gallons with a spa and a fountain. The spa has its own pump.

Looking for input on if this is a good option of anyone had any other suggestions.
    Tulsa, OK,Gunite inground pool - lagoon finish - 20,000 gallons
    Hot tub in one corner that is raised about 3 feet and has two spillovers into the pool
    Small side pool with two pipes that jet up water and has two spillovers into the pool
    Has a sundeck at the front

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for new pump

Hey Tagteam - I'm also in Tulsa. Are you wanting a totally new pump or just a motor? I just replaced the 1.65 HP motor on my Pentair PacFab pump with this guy. They also have a 2.7 HP of the same motor. It was really easy to install and if you put a rebuild kit in (replace all the seals, etc) in your pump, it's almost like a whole new pump.
    ~17k gallon, plaster/gunite pool, Pac Fab Challenger Pump 1.65HP, Sand filter. Rheem Heater. Waterfalls with 1 hp pump. Main Drain and 1 Skimmer.
    TF-100XL test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Looking for new pump

You might also contact INYO pools. They have good support and advice on new pumps.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem