Still leaking?

Jun 12, 2009
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, as well as my first year with an inground pool. Here goes my dilemma;

My pool was leaking terribly when I opened it. After somewhat getting the water to clear, I was able to locate two leaks in the liner, one where the ladder makes contact with the wall, and one monster in the unsupported, soft corner. I patched both using spare pieces of liner and underwater cement. They both turned out great. I did a dye test just to be sure. BTW, I have also dye tested, the skimmers, returns, light, stairs, drain, as well as inspected the liner for more leaks. My problem is that I am still loosing close to 1/2" in 24 hours, can this possibly be normal? My pool does get about 7-8 hours of sun per day. I attempted the "bucket test" and both levels seemed relatively the same. Just seems like a huge amount of water to me.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,

My pool is 18x36 with a 3' to9' bottom. I live about 20 minutes south of Atlanta. I did just install a SWG. The pool is equipped with two skimmers and five returns, (two in the stairs and three in one wall). Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.