Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC4 (RC-52)
Hi,

I am looking for pictures of pools with Gray Reef Pearl by CLI (http://clindustries.com/pebble-pool-finishes/sunstone-pearl/#sunstonepearl6), but I cannot find anything. I contacted the vendor, and they had nothing. Does anyone know of where I can find some examples or share your pics if you have it?

Thanks!
Julian

I dont know any of this for a fact - but Ive looked into this exhaustively for several months....

I dont think there are videos of their Gray Reef Pearl posted yet - but - they have done VERY similar pebble product called French Grey pebble that was done a few times as a custom color.

Custom Pebble Pool Finish | French Gray - YouTube

Now - the only current product that they offer called "French Grey" appears to be in a quartz line.

Ill bet the custom pebble French Grey is dangerously close to the color of the current standard Gray reef pearl.

That's what I hoped, but cannot find anything at all to support it. I looked at Pebble Tec and they have a French Gray in which the materials have similar brown/grey undertones to CLI's product. I'd love finding an example so I don't pick something sight unseen.

That's what I hoped, but cannot find anything at all to support it. I looked at Pebble Tec and they have a French Gray in which the materials have similar brown/grey undertones to CLI's product. I'd love finding an example so I don't pick something sight unseen.

Ill bet you can call CL Industries and ask them how close the two are. Maybe they can send samples of the custom one in the video and the actual one you are considering so you can better predict what they will look like.

Do you know which sub your PB uses? I know that GSI is local to us and supposedly one of the best around here and they have tons and tons of samples available. If your PB uses GSI - maybe they already have them?

I also chose the gray reef pearl. Does anyone have pics? I have to choose sight unseen but I gave the PB the video above and he came back with gray reef pearl as being an exact match. Love to see a photo or video first but... anyway, plaster starts second or third week of August.

Here is a picture of the sample I have, but I am not 100% sure what it looks like in a finished pool. I replied here so future people don't have to sort through my build thread. If you find some pics, please share!

20170731_123109.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is the gray harbor: it is from the crystal stones smooth line.

80a1e1551461234e400de54568205b09.jpg

I called CLI directly and told them exactly what I was looking for. They recommended gray harbor over the gray reef pearl for me. They told me gray reef pearl may be darker and more consistent in color. However, I found the gray harbor dark enough.

Thanks! It looks amazing. I cannot tell the difference between Crystal Stones and Sunstone Pearl by the website. It is written with a bunch of marketing words that are meaningless. Do you know what the difference is?

Sunstone pearl supposedly didn't have the variation in pebble size and color as the crystal stone. I thought the sunstone pearl would be smoother than the crystal stone but once I felt the crystal stone smooth, I can't imagine it any smoother. I will post pic once mine is done. Should be by the end of next week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.