Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heat Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Heat Pump

I have a heat pump that works just fine to heat both the pool and spa. When the pump turns off, the heat pump turns off when the water flow to it stops, which seems normal enough.
    The heat pump display will then show a 'low flow' error. When the pump turns back on and water flow is restored to the heat pump it does not turn back on. I have to manually clear the 'low flow' error on the heat pump display then it turns on right away. What could be wrong with the way that my heat pump is turning off that does not allow it to turn back on automatically?
    Thanks to anyone that has ideas to share.

GeorgeInFlorida

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Heat Pump

It is seeing a mechanical fault in the pressure. Therefore it is locking the heat pump out until you reset it. Leave your pump running continuously and it will stop that problem. Heaters in general are picky about shutting off while they are in operation
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for your reply. The pump only turns off on the timer. I have it set to run 8 hours per day. Are you saying that the alternative is to run it 24 hours per day?
    Thanks,

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

What brand heat pump? Since heat pumps have their own power, meaning they are not powered off the pump timer clock, it will show that error and it probably will lock the unit out from operation because of it. Unless of course the particular brand you have might have some other setting to override/reset this without manual intervention. Maybe.

Do you have any automation system attached to the system? If you did, that would have eliminate this issue by hooking it up to the heat pump properly.
    Paul
    Gastek Pool & Gas Services If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. Gastek Google review,
    Check out some videos on my YouTube channel - Gastekservices on YouTube

5. Back To Top    #5

It is a Hayward Summit heat pump.
    Thanks.