Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inexpensive CYA

1. Back To Top    #1

Inexpensive CYA

For anyone looking for inexpensive CYA, eBay currently has a coupon (C20SPRING) for 20% off of (some/all?) pool chemicals. The coupon is good through March 27th.

I needed CYA this year so purchased a 25# pail from the following link. After the coupon it was 35.96 AND shipped free.

25 lbs # Stabilizer Cyanuric Acid Water Conditioner Swimming Pool UV Protection | eBay

This is the least expensive I have seen in a long time so I wanted to share with the rest of the group.

Regards,

Jay
    Jay

28,000 gal in-ground hybrid pool with PacFab Superflow 100 sand filter with VitroClean media, Intelliflo VS pump, Stenner chlorine pump, Raypak R336A Millivolt natural gas pool heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inexpensive CYA

Thanks Jay,

That is cheap! Let us know how it works for you if you wouldn't mind. If it's good there will be folks who could take advantage.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

It's a shame I can't bottle up my pool water and ship it out. I have a pool full of cyanuric acid right now🙃

In-ground free from pool about 16,000 gallons. Blue Northside Quartz finish, 2.0 HP Jandy E-Pump, Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump, 460 SqFt Jandy Cartridge Filter, Aqualink w/ PDA P4, Polaris 3900, Pool Miser Autofill, CMP POWER CLEAN IN-LINE CHLORINATOR

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by boogies1018 View Post
    It's a shame I can't bottle up my pool water and ship it out. I have a pool full of cyanuric acid right now��

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

griffths

for the post. My order's on the way. Will be interesting to compare the difference, if any, on the speed at which this brand's CYA dissolves in my Skimmer Sock vs the Home Depot brand that I've been using.
    - Pool Type: 15k Gal Gunite IG non-SWG / Built 1988
    - Pump: Pentair Challenger / Sweep Pump: Letro Model LA01N .75HP Single-speed / 6 hrs-day (1 turnover)
    - D.E. Filter: OEM: Nautilus (Pentair) #NS 36 / 36 Sq Ft / D.E. Charge: 3.6 Lb
    - Pentair 4-wheel Sweep LL505G - Booster Pump runs ~2 hrs/day

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you for the post also, I just ordered using that coupon code and it worked the same for me. I usually spend 60 dollars every spring to get my cya back up, once I use what I need for this year I will seal it up in a bucket for next year!

7. Back To Top    #7

Good opportunity for someone to pick up Taylor K2006 too, $42.31 shipped.
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for this post! I just placed my order and so do not have to go get some next week.

9. Back To Top    #9

I received my eBay order today. The CYA came packaged in a plastic bag, with a cable tie to seal the top of the bag.

I transferred the CYA into an empty Trichlor Tab bucket that I had left over from the days before I switched to Bleach dosing.

The granules appear about 1/3 larger than the CYA product I've been using from Home Depot (HTH 4 lb brand).

The box didn't include a measuring scoop, not an issue as I use a pyrex kitchen 2-cup measuring cup for my CYA.

I haven't needed to add CYA for a while so am waiting to see how this product dissolves vs the HTH brand.
    - Pump: Pentair Challenger / Sweep Pump: Letro Model LA01N .75HP Single-speed / 6 hrs-day (1 turnover)

10. Back To Top    #10

I bought the same brand product from Amazon a couple of weeks ago without the discount. Came in a box with a plastic bag with a zip tie. It dissolved quickly and worked great.
    Completed April 2016: 22x36 3.5-5.5-4 Inground, 17,500 gallons, Aquapure SWG, Jandy 2hp Variable Speed, Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280, Aqualink PDA4, Jandy Nichless LED lights, Diamondbrite color Steel Blue, Noche Travertine Coping & Deck

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by WyattEarp View Post
    I bought the same brand product from Amazon a couple of weeks ago without the discount. Came in a box with a plastic bag with a zip tie. It dissolved quickly and worked great.
    for the info.