Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Fort Worth

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Fort Worth

Hi,
    New to the forum. I've had a pool for a few years and went back and forth between hiring the care out and doing it myself. When doing it myself I usually just took the water to pool shop and let them tell me what to add. I've decided to learn my pool and was introduced to this site by a co-worker. I have a 15K gal salt water pool. Looking forward to learning about pool care and maintenance.
    Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Fort Worth

Welcome to TFP! You've made a great choice. A new world of pool care will open-up based on your own "proper" testing. Plus, you'll save a significant amount of money staying away from the pool store. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello,

You will love the TFP methods. I got my pool two weeks ago and everything is going great just using pool math and the
    TF 100 test kit.

Welcome to TFP

Crystal
    60K 53 X 23 X 3'-10' IG Grecian Concrete aka "The Beast"
    TF100 XL with Speed Stir
    Dolphin M500 aka "The Beast Master"
    Sta Rite Max E Pro 2 HP - Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter S310T.
    My Pool Thread: Old School Pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey there Cruzr82, nice to have you join us

I would suggest first reading this: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry which helps us all speak the same lingo.

Then my suggestion for a test kit would be to order the TF-100 online at tftestkits.net You'll probably get it by Wednesday if you order tonight. NO one has ever said they regret also buying the speed stir device (speeds up testing) and I'd also suggest the Taylor K-1766 Salt Water Test Kit to help monitor your salt level.

Tell us more about your pool and equipment. We love pictures too How's the pool looking?

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard