Time for a new VS Pump

beckham388

Silver Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
After reviewing a mountain of pump information supplied in this forum, I'm ready to replace the 1.5HP single speed pump with a Pentair Intellipro 2 VST. Looking for some suggested idea on where to purchase for the expert forum members.

I was thinking that the Intellipro 2 VST was a higher grade pump. I currently have a single speed 1.5HP White River Avalanche River Model 6150IG 1.5HP pump that was installed last year with the pool. The electrical bills are ridiculous and I was looking for a quiet/efficient pump in the Pentair line. As I have continued to read the forum posts, I am now thinking that the Intelliflo VS might be better suited my needs (45db noise, 90% efficient).

The standard intellipro is plenty of pump. You would actually be fine with the superflo in terms of pump power. Or if your main concern is the electric bill and noise a 2-speed would also suit your needs nicely and cost less to purchase.

B,

There are several Intelliflo pumps. The one you want is P/N 011018, which is a 220 volt, 3 HP unit... Do not buy the one with SVRS or the "lite" version that runs off of 120 volts.

Just for reference, I can run my Intelliflo 24/7 for less than $20 bucks a month..

As far as quiet goes, at 1,200 RPM, where I run most of the time, the pump is so quiet that I almost have to touch it to make sure it is still running... :cool:

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.