Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time for a new VS Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Time for a new VS Pump

After reviewing a mountain of pump information supplied in this forum, I'm ready to replace the 1.5HP single speed pump with a Pentair Intellipro 2 VST. Looking for some suggested idea on where to purchase for the expert forum members.
    Ohio, 22k IG (23'x42' Mountain Lake Pool), 3' to 8', Vinyl Liner, steel wall construction, 1.5" piping, installed 2016, AquaTools AT3222B Sand filter, Simple Blue SWG - Pentair Intelliflo VS, two skimmers, Triton Plus - Nickname "Mini BB8"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time for a new VS Pump

I like Inyo pools Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com
    . I got my cartridge filter from them and was happy with the price, delivery, and service (I ask a lot of questions)
    16 x 32 18,000 gal IG vinyl pool. 1.5HP SuperFlo VS pump. Hayward C4030 425 sq ft cartridge filter. Hotspot FPH heat reclamation pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Why have you chosen the Intellipro pump, what model pump do you have now? The Pentair 2 VST is a trade model only and shouldn't be sold on the internet.

4. Back To Top    #4

I was thinking that the Intellipro 2 VST was a higher grade pump. I currently have a single speed 1.5HP White River Avalanche River Model 6150IG 1.5HP pump that was installed last year with the pool. The electrical bills are ridiculous and I was looking for a quiet/efficient pump in the Pentair line. As I have continued to read the forum posts, I am now thinking that the Intelliflo VS might be better suited my needs (45db noise, 90% efficient).
    Ohio, 22k IG (23'x42' Mountain Lake Pool), 3' to 8', Vinyl Liner, steel wall construction, 1.5" piping, installed 2016, AquaTools AT3222B Sand filter, Simple Blue SWG - Pentair Intelliflo VS, two skimmers, Triton Plus - Nickname "Mini BB8"

5. Back To Top    #5

The standard intellipro is plenty of pump. You would actually be fine with the superflo in terms of pump power. Or if your main concern is the electric bill and noise a 2-speed would also suit your needs nicely and cost less to purchase.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

6. Back To Top    #6

B,

There are several Intelliflo pumps. The one you want is P/N 011018, which is a 220 volt, 3 HP unit... Do not buy the one with SVRS or the "lite" version that runs off of 120 volts.

Just for reference, I can run my Intelliflo 24/7 for less than $20 bucks a month..

As far as quiet goes, at 1,200 RPM, where I run most of the time, the pump is so quiet that I almost have to touch it to make sure it is still running...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.