Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Inteliflo pump for pool and spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Inteliflo pump for pool and spa

Looking to replace the pumps and add Easytouch for my pool (25,000 gallon) and attached spa. I'm thinking the Intelliflo VS 3hp pump for the pool, but not sure which pump would be best for the spa (thinking a single speed would be adequate to run the jets). Also wondering what the difference is between the Intelliflo VS, the xf version, or the vst. Does anyone have any advice for me on which way to go?
    25,000 gallon inground plaster pool with attached spa. Sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Inteliflo pump for pool and spa

Just giving you a bump to the top.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Herky,

For sure if you plan to add the EasyTouch then your main pump should be the Intelliflo. They were designed to be run together.

Is this a new pool? If not, how may pumps do you currently have? I would have thought the Intelliflo would power both the pool and spa..

But I don't have a spa, so I could be mistaken.

I believe the Intelliflo, VS (P/N 011018) is the standard variable speed pump that most people have. You do not want the variable flow... and you do not want the VS+SVRS model either..
    The XF has more flow and is for 3" plumbing..
    The VST is the latest model, which is very similar to the VS, but the control panel can rotate. It appears it is sold to dealers only and not on-line.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have 1 Pentair 3hp VS pump that runs both my pool and spa via the Easy Touch 8. Since you are adding the Easy Touch you want it to automate your entire system. You would need to get the Pentair automated pool valves also so they can work with your Easy Touch system. This will make pool life very simple.

valves http://www.pentairpool.com/products/...tuator-186.htm

easytouch http://www.pentairpool.com/products/...systems-49.htm
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8