when should I turn on my solar panel?

I switched to chlorine yesterday morning after 5 years of Baquacil. Pool is already clearing after the goop thing (can see the bottom of the shallow end). when should I open up the bipass to my solar panels? I turned them off for the process to keep the gunk from clogging them. I am using the sungrabber brand of panel.

Also....I just replaced the sand in my filter last year. Do I still need to replace it after the process. The pressure after backflushing is at 13 psi. Seems good to me?

I didn't add pictures of the process since there are so many others, but I just topped up the chlorine to 15 every hour yesterday (took 17 128 oz jugs from walmart). This morning the gunk on top was gone and now at 10 am I can see the bottom of the shallow end. My starting sample from the pool store was:

Baquacil 42
shock 0
TA 90
PH 7.7
CH 200
metal 0

Your forum is awsome!!!! Couldn't have done it without you. Just need to know about the solar panels if that's even an issue.

Thanks agin

I would open the valve AFTER the goo and water clears, but before you are holding your FC overnight... just to give the pipes and tubing a good thorough shocking.

Yes, you will need to replace your sand. It is clogged with goo, and will prevent you from getting adequate FC levels (your chlorine will always be busy trying to clean the residual baqua embedded in the sand...)

Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.