Replacing Filter Cartridges

Jan 9, 2010
Spring Texas
I have a big beige brown Hayward cartridge filter it is about seven years old and still uses the original cartridges. I do not know the model of this filter and I cannot find it on the outside. How do I know which cartridges to purchase for replacement? Is measuring the only way ?

Thank for any advice.

You could measure the current filter sizes (length, diameter, etc) and compare that to replacements. Most cartridge filter web sites will list the dimensions so you can get a good match. As another long shot, you could post a pic of that brown Hayward filter housing. Maybe some folks here will recognize it to give you a model number. Also consider calling Inyopools.com as they have an extensive reference library and may be able to help as well.

I really like Pleatco cartridges, they are a lot better than my original Pentair cartridges. Pleatco has an 800 number and they can find your cartridges based on measurements. Length, internal diameter and external diameter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.