Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Choosing a PB near Indianapolis

1. Back To Top    #1

Choosing a PB near Indianapolis

I am interested in having a new pool built this year. I have talked to a few PB's and received quotes for both concrete and vinyl. The #1 priority is an automatic pool cover since I have small children. The size would be around 20x40 (maybe bigger). I want a good sized tanning ledge, and at this point do not care about a deep end. I am leaning toward concrete due to the durability and the option to have customized ledges and benches. Does anyone in the Indianapolis area have any suggestions or advice in choosing a good PB? I am not looking for the lowest price, but someone I feel confident in to give me the best product for the money. Feel free to PM me. Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Choosing a PB near Indianapolis

Welcome to TFP!!

No PB suggestions as I'm out of area, but just a comment to say how much we love our autocover. It was non-negotiable for me. That said, it will set you back $10-15K - so you don't have a heart attack upon reading quotes.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

We are using Jeff Barton at Barton pools. We are very pleased so far!

4. Back To Top    #4

Something to think about... we are in southern Indiana and doing a vinyl pool. You can totally customize steps, benches and tanning ledges with a vinyl pool. Basically anything you can think up (within reason) can be done with a vinyl liner pool by an experienced PB.
    In Planning Mode: 20x44 IG, Diving Well, SWG, Heater, CoverStar Automatic cover
    Hoosier Family's Pool Adventure: Planning and Building Thread