Non Stabilized Tablets

Jun 16, 2014
Flower Mound, TX
I just got an advertisement from Dolphin Pool Supply and in flipping through it found Poolife(R) Non Stabilized Tablets. I know that this question has been asked before, but I have seen only older threads on this. What I read in the older threads was that the tablets don't last very long. This product says that you can stick one tablet per 10,000 gallons per week in the skimmer to maintain 1-4ppm of chlorine. Is this a new product or just something I haven't seen before that is a gimmick. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

No such thing as unstablized chlorine. Chlorine is a gas at normal temps. So there has to be something to bind it to. In this case it's calcium. As long as you need to add some calcium to your pool they are fine. But you sure don't want too much or you can get scale.

Yep. It's 70% cal-hypo in tablet form. They just figured out a way to make it slow-dissolving. For every 10ppm FC added by calcium hypochlorite, you will add 6ppm to your CH. So if you have low CH water and can afford to increase your CH, then these tablets will work. I would not want to put it in the skimmer though as that is going to lead to high pH water being sucked into your pump and filter. Because the pH can spike high locally inside your filter, you could get a lot of calcium scale buildup. For your DE filter, that can lead to the nylon bags on the filter grid becoming plugged up with scale. Better if you can find a floater to work with the tablets.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.