Pool store baloney

Feb 28, 2017
Danbury,CT
I just had my pool installed. I am learning so much from all of you. I was talking to my pool builder yesterday and told him what I have learned on the forum about chemicals and the bbb method. His statement was exactly what you all have been talking about. He said " you can't believe anything on the internet. Also you can't buy cheap chemicals from Walmart or the internet because they are garbage and not as good as what he sells. I didn't bother arguing with him but you guys are right about these pool store owners.

I was doing a google search a few weeks ago when I came across a site that stated that a pool can go green if there's an issue with the filter, circulation or dirt in the pool. There was no mention of sanitation or chemical levels whatsoever.

I'm regularly thankful that I found TFP early-on!

I spent 10yrs with a pool and used pool store chemicals AND pool store water testing :hammer:

Pool is currently being installed and I'm planning to use TFP method. So I'm anxious to compare. I rarely left that pool store with less than $100 in chemicals....almost weekly.

I always trust the salesperson who tells me that the competitors' product is inferior without offering any evidence to back their statement up. If you can't trust the person who has financial incentive to steer you towards their products, then who can you trust? :crazy:

LOL!! Right! And pay no attention to those pesky ingredients that say the exact same thing as that other box. It is still different even though the box says it is the same! Our sodium bicarbonate is better than theirs!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I spent 10yrs with a pool and used pool store chemicals AND pool store water testing :hammer:

Pool is currently being installed and I'm planning to use TFP method. So I'm anxious to compare. I rarely left that pool store with less than $100 in chemicals....almost weekly.

You my friend are in for a very pleasant surprise. Wait and see what I mean. Glad you joined us!

100 dollars a week, that is nuts.
I go to World Chemical here in Thailand for my chemicals and I don't spend 20 dollars a month and water is SPARKLING.
LOOK IN PHONE BOOK NEAR YOU, LOOK FOR CHEMICAL SUPPLY....see if they have what you need and compare prices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.