Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool store baloney

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool store baloney

I just had my pool installed. I am learning so much from all of you. I was talking to my pool builder yesterday and told him what I have learned on the forum about chemicals and the bbb method. His statement was exactly what you all have been talking about. He said " you can't believe anything on the internet. Also you can't buy cheap chemicals from Walmart or the internet because they are garbage and not as good as what he sells. I didn't bother arguing with him but you guys are right about these pool store owners.
    Radiant Metric Pool 18'x32'x52" approx 15,000 gal. Hayward EC65 filter, Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool store boloney

And TFP comes through again!! SCORE!!

Thing about this............don't you feel sorry for the people who have not found TFP???

thanks for the happiness!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool store baloney

Nice detective work!

I guess we can quit calling them pool stores and start calling the Baloney Sandwich stores!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

I was doing a google search a few weeks ago when I came across a site that stated that a pool can go green if there's an issue with the filter, circulation or dirt in the pool. There was no mention of sanitation or chemical levels whatsoever.

I'm regularly thankful that I found TFP early-on!
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS

5. Back To Top    #5

I guess we can quit calling them pool stores and start calling the Bologna Sandwich stores!
    ...........fixed that for ya'!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

I spent 10yrs with a pool and used pool store chemicals AND pool store water testing

Pool is currently being installed and I'm planning to use TFP method. So I'm anxious to compare. I rarely left that pool store with less than $100 in chemicals....almost weekly.
    18'x36' vinyl - 24k gal - Intelliflo 3hp VSP - Pentair C&C 420 cartridge filter - IC40 Salt - EasyTouch 8 - ScreenLogic - Raypak 406btu NG heater - Intellibrite 5G ligths - 4 deck jets - sheer descent - X-Stream Slide 2 - TF100 kit - opened spring 2017

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    ...........fixed that for ya'!
    Thanks! For that you get this. Everyone sing along ...

My bologna has a first name it's P O O L. My bologna has a second name it's S T O R E. I like to go there every week and give them my M O N E Y.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

I always trust the salesperson who tells me that the competitors' product is inferior without offering any evidence to back their statement up. If you can't trust the person who has financial incentive to steer you towards their products, then who can you trust?
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath

9. Back To Top    #9

LOL!! Right! And pay no attention to those pesky ingredients that say the exact same thing as that other box. It is still different even though the box says it is the same! Our sodium bicarbonate is better than theirs!
    TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

Hey, I like Baloney Sandwiches (just not from the pool store).
    40 year old pool, 35k gal w/spa, gunite replastered July 2016, Hayward Sand filter, Hayward 1.5 hp single speed pump, TF-100, Kreepy Krauly suction side cleaner Dolphin M400

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
    I spent 10yrs with a pool and used pool store chemicals AND pool store water testing

Pool is currently being installed and I'm planning to use TFP method. So I'm anxious to compare. I rarely left that pool store with less than $100 in chemicals....almost weekly.
    You my friend are in for a very pleasant surprise. Wait and see what I mean. Glad you joined us!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

12. Back To Top    #12

100 dollars a week, that is nuts.
    I go to World Chemical here in Thailand for my chemicals and I don't spend 20 dollars a month and water is SPARKLING.
    LOOK IN PHONE BOOK NEAR YOU, LOOK FOR CHEMICAL SUPPLY....see if they have what you need and compare prices.
    8M x 4M X 2M no slope IG CONCRETE w/ceramic glass tile
    17,000 Gal EMAUX SWG JAZZI FILTER W/1-3 mm glass media, Jazzi Multi-port valve with
    T-750 filter w/ glass media
    1 main drain sump -3 returns - 1 skimmer
    Kokido digital salinity tester, Kokida drops for CL Hanna digital PH meter, Taylor K-2006

13. Back To Top    #13

I spent maybe at most a TOTAL of $200 on pool chemicals over the past year. My pool has always been crystal clear and never had to SLAM.
    Completed April 2016: 22x36 3.5-5.5-4 Inground, 17,500 gallons, Aquapure SWG, Jandy 2hp Variable Speed, Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280, Aqualink PDA4, Jandy Nichless LED lights, Diamondbrite color Steel Blue, Noche Travertine Coping & Deck