Anyone know about this ZeoSand? I'm intrigued and about to buy a sand filter.

Mar 22, 2017
COLTON, CA
Hey I recently purchased my family's first above the ground pool. 20'x52" round from Intex. After last summer's realization to the fact the the filter that comes with this 10,000gal monster is a cruel joke. So this year I am buying a sand filter and a vacuum. Well everyone says something different: #20 pool grade silica sand- no regular sand works the same, then you got 50lbs for $30 or $10 but it only says pool filter sand. So then I read about filter glass and ZeoSand. Anyone have feedback? Thanks

Hey I recently purchased my family's first above the ground pool. 20'x52" round from Intex. After last summer's realization to the fact the the filter that comes with this 10,000gal monster is a cruel joke. So this year I am buying a sand filter and a vacuum. Well everyone says something different: #20 pool grade silica sand- no regular sand works the same, then you got 50lbs for $30 or $10 but it only says pool filter sand. So then I read about filter glass and ZeoSand. Anyone have feedback? Thanks
Welcome!

The filter will use #20 pool grade silica sand. Stay away from all-purpose sand, play-sand, etc. Have a read here about how all sand is not the same:
https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/103421-My-findings-on-how-not-all-sand-is-created-equal

I use the HTH pool filter sand, and have no issues with it at all. My pool is crystal clear. I got the sand from my local ACE Hardware (right now it's $13/50lbs).
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11683357

There is nothing wrong with #20 silica sand. If you follow TFP guidelines the sand will last the lifetime of the system.

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, #20 silica is the right stuff. There are more negative reviews than positive about ZeoSand around here. Type ZeoSand in the upper right search box there are a lot of threads about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.