Hard Plumbing Intex Pool

Mar 15, 2017
Albany
HI! My husband and I are wanting to hard plumb our 26x52 Intex pool. Right now, it's basic, still have the intex pump, and hoses. We have a Hayward vari-flo sand filter we are hooking up, and my husband wants to hard plumb and add a fountain while we are doing that. The only question he really has is for the setup/ and fittings that go to the pool itself? If anyone can give me step by step fittins, and/or pictures, that would be so helpful!! Thanks!!!!

My suggestion is to ditch the Intex fittings and install a Hayward through the wall skimmer and return eyeball. They'll work much better to keep your pool clean and will mate right up to your Hayward filter.

You have to cut your liner, but just take a deep breath and do it. Many of us have, and I've not seen a single person yet that ruined their pool.

temporary_zpsvesmqnuc.jpg

temporary_zps43a4ed4a.jpg

temporary_zpsf993e78a.jpg

You can connect an Intex hose to a 2" PVC fitting by adding an extra rubber washer (the threading is different and it won't tighten up without the extra washer), but this isn't the optimal solution. I had to do it to use my Intex robot.

temporary_zpspkdnokif.jpg

WP_20160417_18_12_34_Pro_zpscsevv5sq.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.