Replacing Globrite LED pool lights

Jan 6, 2013
Hey guys,

3 of our 4 Pentair Globrite lights have died so are going to have to be replaced. I have the new units and am going to be replacing them myself as soon as the water warms up a bit. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on pulling the wires for the new fixtures through the 100'+ of conduit? My thought is that I will cut the old head off, splice the new wire to the old one, and then slowly pull the wire through. IS this the best approach or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Scott

Hey guys,

3 of our 4 Pentair Globrite lights have died so are going to have to be replaced. I have the new units and am going to be replacing them myself as soon as the water warms up a bit. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on pulling the wires for the new fixtures through the 100'+ of conduit? My thought is that I will cut the old head off, splice the new wire to the old one, and then slowly pull the wire through. IS this the best approach or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Scott

They are less than 4 years old....and they all failed? Really? I thought LEDs we supposed to last like 30k hours...

Hey guys,
My thought is that I will cut the old head off, splice the new wire to the old one, and then slowly pull the wire through. IS this the best approach or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Scott

I'm going through the same thing. I plan to attach a pull string to the old conduit (at junction box) and pull it through the niche (no cutting of cord). Maybe the old light can be repaired so don't cut cable at light.

It's disappointing to hear the LED failed - that is what I was planning to switch to. I suspect it is probably the circuit board that failed (maybe water leaked in). Let us know what failed if you can find out.

Yep. These are actually less than three years old since we had a problem with the original ones that were installed with the pool back in the spring of 2013. Pentair eventually replaced all four units in 2014. All three of them got water inside of the lens and then rusted. I would not recommend these lights to anyone that is shopping for a new pool build.

That's definitely your best bet, tie an electrician nylon pull line and pull it through when you pull the old one out. You'll know how tough the pull will be when you pull the line through. It'll be easier to tie the new wiring to the pull line than the old wire.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.