Stakemans pool build

Jun 30, 2007
Spring,Tx
All right all, I've been reading/educating myself on the forum here for several weeks. We just started excavation yesterday at 3:00 pm. I was amazed my PB could get a crew at that time of day on a friday! At 6:45 am this morning my Iron guys were already here followed by the plumber stubbing in. In a mire 20 hours we are ready for gunite. Thus far we have had a clean dig and plan on shooting Monday. My PB actually has been trying to get them out yet today!

I look forward to tips, and suggestions. I would love to post pics along the way, but I'm not sure the best way to do this. I'm not too techy, and the sit FAQ's are a little confusing on attaching images. Until I figure it out I'll just keep typing. I'm doing an IG, Gunite, SWG, all Hayward with a 400k heater, oh it's 97 diam. 3 bubblers and 2 sprayers, auto fill and overflow.

Thanks in advance

Wow! Not sure I've heard of one going along quite that fast.

I think the easiest is to have an account at Photobucket.com and upload your pics there and post the links in here either directly or via the IMG link (the little square with the mountains and the sun above) directly above. In that box you paste the IMG code that is below the picture at your photobucket account.

Thanks for the help here it goes. No gunite today, but in the books for monday.
P1010621.jpg
P1010626.jpg
P1010627.jpg

Cool lookin pool! Looks like you figured out the photobucket gig. You're moving right along. Who, may I ask, is your builder?

Good luck, you might need it with all the rain lately, I know I could use some (luck, that is, not rain!).

Dave

Sounds like the right way to start a pool build.

Looks like a very nice design in a very pretty yard.

Where is Spring, TX?

Also, enjoy the quick progress... it may or may not continue. From what I've seen locally, and on this board is the nice rush on the front end to to dig and pour, then the labor to do the more tedious (and less profitable) crafts lags way behind. At least that's the case with mine. I think its simply a factor of too much demand, and too little labor supply in our area.

In my contract, after the gunite was shot, my PB had 70% of my money. That's a pretty good motivator for a few days work, and then let the other stuff drag out for the other measley 30% of detail work, when there's no backing out.

Hopefully in your area, the labor supply is healthy and you will be swimming in short time.

good luck and enjoy!!

Wow - speedy progress for the pool build. Yeah for a Monday pour, please continue to share your progress pics! It will be 2 weeks from my dig to the shotcrete install this Monday, I thought I was moving fast :shock:

Sounds like your PB has a good relationship with his subs...or a good crew that does it all. I was afraid to stack two subs on top of each other for my build, wante dto ensure I kept the peace on the job. My target date to swim is August 1st....anything better and my husband is going to be really happy with the PB....which is me :p

You will be swimming in no time :whoot:

Thanks for the replies, now tha tI have the photo bucket figured out I'll keep the updates coming! Lets see first off ktdave, my builder is See-Blue Pool and Spas in Magnolia. After several interviews, he stuck out as, not the cheapest and not the most expensive, but just struck me as a good ol' boy. Plus every reference had great things to say about him and his support after the build if needed. I called about 10 of his references and many said it took him around 3 weeks, there was one who said it took only 2 weeks. They also mentioned his subs were real go getters and he was at the site every day checking up on them. Stevenbrla, Spring Tx is a burb on the NorthWest side of Houston. Chance of precip is at around 60-80% for Monday so We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the input, when we finish you all can't help with my newbie questions :wink:

Dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well guys, nothing happened today. I'm leaving out of town for 3 days so I'll get with ya late thursday or friday. I get to spend the 4th of JUly in Vancouver, B.C. At least the weather should be nice. I doubt I'll even see a fire-cracker up there though :roll: ...

Dave

Just got home and my wife took a bunch of pictures of the gunite work for me. Here are a few, so far I am very happy with my choice of PB. The rain continues, as a result, progress may slow a little. I guess the rain helps with the cure of the new pour though. I'll keep you all updated on any new progress.
12.jpg
P1010636.jpg
13.jpg

David.

Update....

Plumbers came by this afternoon, started working for about an hour when the rain started AGAIN. Anyway, they left thier stuff soooo.....I'm thinking they will be back tomorrow. I'll get some pics out when they get some more progress complete. Have a great weekend everyone!

David

Plumbers came back @ around 7 a.m. Saturday, they also ran the gas line and line from the main water supply to the auto fill. They finished by noon, then I spent the rest of the day re-routing my sprinkler system. Not fun (BTW)!! Anyway the electrican is due out Monday, and it sounds like the tile/coping guys and deck guys will be out this week as well. I can't express how happy I've been with my PB, its been 9 days from breaking ground.
18.jpg
19.jpg

Well things have been moving along, we now have the electric hooked up, and tile and copeing finished on Saturday. My PB has spray deck sched. for Thursday.... We'll see. There is still alot of deck work to be finished before then. Here are some pics of our Tile and Copeing, my wife really struggled with picking the flagstone and copeing colors.
60.jpg
61.jpg
62.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.