Green algea stain on walls

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
My water is very clear and chemicals are normal, Chlorine is around 5 but still cold here..My problem is I have green algae on the pool walls that won't brush off..Is the best solution to SLAM it? My Walmart hasn't started carrying the liquid chlorine yet but leaving it alone..
But I have never seen green algae that won't brush off even with force.

As always, we ask for the following to help us guide you-
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

We had so much warm weather in Feb/Mar that algae certainly could start up. It just grows slower in cold water.

Without knowing what your CYA is that 5ppm Chlorine you say you have might not be near high enough.

I'd bring the pool up to SLAM level and brush daily and see if it helps the stains.

Yip :flower:

How big is this pool that you did all this so fast? Wow.

If its active alive algae you need to SLAM for real, not just raise the FC up to deal with stains. My suggestion was in regards to stains, not active algae. We need test results to help figure this out....

Have you read this? SLAM Process

How big is this pool that you did all this so fast? Wow.

If its active alive algae you need to SLAM for real, not just raise the FC up to deal with stains. My suggestion was in regards to stains, not active algae. We need test results to help figure this out....

Have you read this? SLAM Process

addendum: Having gone back and read all your posts where you've had this same and other algae problems for about 2 years now, I have to wonder if you've ever learned the TFP way of caring for your water? You never give test results and always say they're good, yet obviously they're not if this is a reoccurring problem every year.
Please update us with your intentions?

Yip :flower:

I just drained some and refilled to bring cya down to around 60..When I can find it I will SLAM it and couple times while no one is swimming.

The SLAM isn't something you do a couple of times when no one is swimming but a process to kill all the Algae with high Chlorine levels until it's dead and removed from the pool. If you can reduce the Cya in half again, it would be most helpful.

Yippee is giving you good advice, so please take note of it, and let us help you finish it off for good. She and others will be glad to help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.