When should you replace your test kit chemicals?

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
I've had my TF-100 for 2 years now. This will be the 3rd year. I barely used anything except the chlorine test, ph test, and CYA test. When should you replace the test chemicals?

I ordered the refill kit just now because it was on sale, but i kind of feel like I just wasted money since all my bottles are basically full.

Suggestions?

It's a rare thing around these parts when someone publicly admits to not testing their water parameters enough to use the reagents up!:whip: They should be good for 18 months if taken care of-------so you were due anyhow.

My TA and CH rarely every change. No need to test them when everytime I get the same numbers. I test once at the beginning of each season and thats pretty much it. If for some reason the pH starts to drift, i'll test TA again, but thats rare.

My pool is like my child....I know what she's gonna do before she does....lol

Bottles "full" is not the same thing as fresh chemistry. Most of us think that 2 years is enough use and switch to fresh chemistry.

Taylor guarantees their chemistry for one year.

TFPC is predicated on precise, accurate testing and spending $15-20 per year for peace of mind seems well worth it. Think of the other things you spend $20 dollars on without batting an eye.....most of them far less important.

After all that, the choice is still yours to manage your pool in the best way you see to do. You obviously know your pool better than any of us so you are the best judge.

Bottles "full" is not the same thing as fresh chemistry. Most of us think that 2 years is enough use and switch to fresh chemistry.

Taylor guarantees their chemistry for one year.

TFPC is predicated on precise, accurate testing and spending $15-20 per year for peace of mind seems well worth it. Think of the other things you spend $20 dollars on without batting an eye.....most of them far less important.

After all that, the choice is still yours to manage your pool in the best way you see to do. You obviously know your pool better than any of us so you are the best judge.

I totally agree 100% Skip dinner one evening, and there you go.

But, if your CSI is totally out of whack, then the possible repercussions will far outweigh missing a meal....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.