Help with Saltwater slam

Step 1: Turn off SWG

Step 2: SLAM as normal

After you complete the SLAM and your FC level returns to normal you can fire up the SWG and continue as normal. Since you are adding chlorine manually anyway no reason to leave it on, might as well save on the wear and tear.

Should I use bleach or liquid chlorine? Doesn't liquid chlorine add to the salt level? Also, should I increase my CYA to 70 or 80?

Thanks,

I wouldn't increase CYA until post SLAM as increasing CYA raises initial chlorine demand.

Bleach is liquid chlorine but just likely a different percentage than the pool store liquid. The additional salt is extremely minimal.

Should I use bleach or liquid chlorine? Doesn't liquid chlorine add to the salt level?

Bleach and liquid chlorine are the same product, just in different concentrations.

"Bleach" is the household term for chlorine concentrations from 3 - 8.25%

"liquid chlorine" is the industrial (& pool industry) term for concentrations above that, most commonly 10 & 12.5%. You will often see it labeled as "liquid shock".

This is part of the pool industry art of confusion & deception. They say you can't use "bleach" in your pool because of the added salt and "dissolved solids" it add. But, use this liquid shock, it works great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.