Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pre-Purchase AGP equipment questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Pre-Purchase AGP equipment questions

Just want someone to double-check this equipment. Package originally came with Hayward equipment, but per TFP's suggestion, I requested a 2 speed pump and they changed to Pentair. I'm all for saving in the long run so if I pay extra to upgrade now only to enjoy the benefits later count me in!! I plan to attempt the TFPC.

15x30x54" AGP
    Pentair 19" Sand Dollar 150lb sand filter with a 1.5HP 2SP Dynamo pump
    Hayward AquaTrol (18K gallons)
    15'x30'x52” 12K gallon Wilbar Discovery/Innovation Resin AGP buried 2’ w/ wood deck. Hard plumbed Pentair 1.5HP 2SP Dynamo pump, Pentair SD40 sand filter, Pentair iCHLOR 30 SWG
    500 gallon spa w/ ozonator using Dichlor/chlorine. TF-100, Taylor K-1766, & Speedstir. Dolphin S100 "Flóki". My 2017 Build Thread
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool Supporter! // AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pre-Purchase AGP equipment questions

Sounds like you have a great plan going. The only suggestion I have is to get a 30-40k gallon rated salt cell for your size pool. You will have to run the pump less and the cell should last about twice as long.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

3. Back To Top    #3

If you buy a Pentair SWG instead of the Hayward, making it 3 Pentair products at once, I believe they will extend the warranty.

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

4. Back To Top    #4

Excellent - I've asked for the Pentair SWG options. Thanks so much!! Do you think it's necessary to upgrade the Sand Dollar from SD 40 (150lbs) to SD 60 (250lbs)?
    15'x30'x52” 12K gallon Wilbar Discovery/Innovation Resin AGP buried 2’ w/ wood deck. Hard plumbed Pentair 1.5HP 2SP Dynamo pump, Pentair SD40 sand filter, Pentair iCHLOR 30 SWG
    500 gallon spa w/ ozonator using Dichlor/chlorine. TF-100, Taylor K-1766, & Speedstir. Dolphin S100 "Flóki". My 2017 Build Thread
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool Supporter! // AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives.

5. Back To Top    #5

A bigger sand filter will go longer between backwashes. For your setup you wont notice much else BUT it won't hurt you to go bigger either. If the cost difference isn't much and fits your budget go for it.
    Chuck-

6. Back To Top    #6

Anyone have experience with Pentair's SALT CHLORINE GENERATOR MODEL iCHLOR 15, iCHLOR 30?

7. Back To Top    #7

In general the Pentair equipment is good stuff. If you end up going with a SWG get at least the i30. You want to size the salt cell for at least double the gallons in your pool. The cell will last longer and you wont have to run your pump as long to maintain chlorine levels.
    Chuck-

8. Back To Top    #8

I ran the Ic-15 on the same AGP with no problems for 4 season. The best investment was the sand filter by a longshot!

Felipe
    7,500 gal Rectangular, Easytouch 8, Air+water temp sensors, Screenlogic2, IC40, intellibright5g color12v, Intelli pH, SD 70 filter w/Zeolit, Magicstream Laminars, waterfall. Raised Monolithic concrete lined with glass beads.

In Sunny Monterrey,Mx!

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Trimble07 View Post
    I plan to attempt the TFPC.
    You either do TFP methods or you don't, there is no attempting! As they say, it's not rocket science...

Welcome to TFP, I'm sure you're here to stay!