Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sealed Air Solar Panels

1. Back To Top    #1

Sealed Air Solar Panels

Hello Everyone,
    Is anyone aware if Sealed Air still makes solar panels? I've been having a bit of a tough time in South Florida locating them, and I'm thinking maybe they've stopped manufacturing them?
    If anyone has some knowledge on the subject, please share. I have a ruptured panel that needs replacing and I'm investigating replacing the panel vs replacing the entire solar heating system.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    10000 gal. 14 x 28 IG Concrete Florida Gem
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump
    Pentair Cartridge Filter
    Sealed Air Solar Panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sealed Air Solar Panels

Welcome to TFP!

I haven't heard of them before but I was curious and did some looking around. Found these:
    Sealed Air Solar Pool Heating Products
    All Efficient Products AEP Solar Pool Heating Components
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply. I wrote this right before we went away for a few days with the kids, then forgot about it. Now back to real life.
    I have called the number. When using the extension, the line immediately hangs up. The main switchboard just went to voice mail.
    The other site doesn't service my area, but maybe I can call them and get some info, and maybe buy a panel if possible and have someone install it.

Thank you,
    10000 gal. 14 x 28 IG Concrete Florida Gem
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump
    Pentair Cartridge Filter
    Sealed Air Solar Panels

4. Back To Top    #4

I also have Sealed Air solar panels for 21 years now. I also have a slight leak, but I think that it is the connection pipe between the panels. When I asked other pool services about them, they said that they are no longer made. What I haven’t done yet, is to actually call Sealed Air to see if they might have some stored in a warehouse somewhere. Please let me know if you find out any info. Thks
    18k Gallon In-ground pool/spa Pebble Tec Plus w/waterfall, Hayward ProLogic Controller-16 plus extension, Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP, Hayward TriStar, Hayward Booster, Polaris 380 Black Max Pool Sweep, Pentair Clean-N-Clear Plus 420 Filter, Pentair Rainbow 320 Chlorinator Feeder, Paramount Para Level Auto Water Leveler, Pentair Purex Triton MiniMax 400 Heater (21 yrs), (7) 4x12 solar panels (21yrs).

5. Back To Top    #5

I have 2 still in box Sealed Air FS-48 Collectors, send me a message if still interested

6. Back To Top    #6

When you say Sealed Air FS-48 Collectors are you talking about the panels themselves?

7. Back To Top    #7

ya what about repairing the affected panel?

I had a Solar Industries panel leaking on one of the tubes and was able to fix it for a few bucks
    and 30 minutes of time.

Basically cut a clean straight hole in the tube on both sides of the leak, then shove a nylon
    bolt with the head clipped off with some liquid nails injected in the hole first.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

8. Back To Top    #8

do you still have panels i have sealed air FP48 12ft non framed will your panels work ?

9. Back To Top    #9

Kokko do you still have collectors would you like to sell?