Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Preparing for pump to be off for 48 hours

1. Back To Top    #1

Preparing for pump to be off for 48 hours

I am having my stone sealed next week and the installer says I will need to keep my pump turned off for 24 hours before and after the sealant is put on to make sure the stone stays dry. Is there anything I should do to prepare my water for this? Should I be worried about my chemicals during this time?
    32x15 freeform gunite pool (approx 15,000 gallons) with a 7x7 raised spa with 2 spillovers - tanning ledge with 2 bubblers - All Hayward Equipment - ARQ15 SWCG - 400btu heater, 60sq ft DE filter - 2HP EcoStar VS pump - Oklahoma flagstone coping - MasterTile MASMIX 3 1x1 - Sundek - Crystal Stones Smooth Caribbean Blue - TF-100 - Doheny's Discovery Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Preparing for pump to be off for 48 hours

With the nicer weather we've had lately, perhaps not a bad idea to increase your FC level just to help keep algae away. Perhaps ensure pH isn't about to climb over 7.8. The other levels should be fine for just a couple days.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Brush? Slowly & Carefully?
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

4. Back To Top    #4

I would raise FC up to SLAM level for your CYA just to be on the safe side, FC/CYA Chart.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach