Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: over sized pump and filter

1. Back To Top    #1

over sized pump and filter

Hi I am the owner of a small pool in the Bahamas that needs new equipment-----pool 12000 gallons .... Pool company recommends oversizing pump and filter ( 011018 intella vs pump and c2002 stay-clear filter).... The reasoning for oversize is that we are on an out-island and the electric rates are very very high.... Seems to make sense to me --any downside to oversizing besides initial cost of equipment.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: over sized pump and filter

Welcome to TFP!

No downside at all. A bigger filter will go longer between cleanings. The Intelliflo can be run at low rpm for very little electric consumption. I run my Intelliflo at 1100 rpm for skimming, filtering and making chlorine with the SWG. It uses 150 watts at 1100 rpm.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: over sized pump and filter

thank you