Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa Orifice Removal

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa Orifice Removal

Hello everyone 1st post but I think I found the right place to cure my current and future pool\spa issues. So thanks in advance!

Problem

I have some jet performance issues and need to remove my orifices\nozzles. I have one of my 4 spa jets pushing harder than the others and can see an object in another. I had a heater t-stat\bypass\check?... fail in my old heater and found some parts in one of my pool returns. I suspect the same with the spa returns. I drained my spa down, removed the eyeballs and found the orifices to be for lack of a better term shaped like a Hershey kiss hollowed out from the point all the way through all of the ones I see while searching are hex shaped. The jet pushing the hardest has the inner part (looks to be a resizing insert) of the orifice missing and I suspect it to be father down the line in the next jet since I can see a white pvc looking liner object in it. The orifices have 2 maybe 1/8" holes on opposite of each other so I am looking for a tool to remove them and a type\manufacture for possible replacements in the event I damage or destroy some is the process of removal.

Thanks, Tt

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa Orifice Removal

Hey Kona! Welcome to TFP!!

This has been sitting a while, and sorry we havent said hi. Hopefully youll get some insight on this, but I wanted to welcome you and get this bumped to the top. Enjoy the forums!!

TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

INYO Pools sells various spa jet removal tools and replacement jets.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

In the Industry

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like it but mine have a second orifice in the center like an insert and my research on this PN does not bring anything like it up. Is there a different type or brand that looks the same? Maybe this?

SPX1430B1 Jet Air Spa Insert

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

In the Industry

I believe they came with the original jets and were used to balance out multiple jet flow