How to install multiple returns?

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
So it's probably too late for this year - but I think I do want to add another return - but how does that work? I'm asssuming you'd want it on the other end of the pool (we have a 21x41 aboveground pool) because that end doesn't seem to get much action!

Do you just put a whole nother filter/pump set up down there? Or run a line all the way from the pump/filter at the other end?

If anyone can tell me about multiple returns, I'd appreciate it. I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

IG pools usually have multiple returns, and it's not complicated. You just run another line, but for best performance you want the piping to each return to be the same length. That means that for two returns you run a line to the mid-point and then from there to each return. If you don't equalize the runs, the return with the longer run gets less flow.

John, once again :roll: , beat me to the best answer :oops: . There is, however, another option :idea: You can install a 3 - way valve on the return line and keep the 2 returns separate and then regulate the flow to them via the valve :)

Do the additional valve as will be best for you and your requirements :handshake:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.