Help with Pentair IC40 SWG

Jun 27, 2016
San Diego, CA
Hello I needed some help and advice with my Pentair IC40 salt water generator.

This morning when I checked my pool chemistry my chlorine was zero. I noticed a red light on the flow display on the generator. Therefore I clean the generator using 50-50 acid mix to remove any calcium deposits.

After the cleaning the flow light turn green however, few minutes later it turned red again.

Also The top two lights for salt level are also flashing green and red.

My question is is it something I did wrong or is the salt generator malfunctioning. It's about two years old.

Here are some pictures of the display screen.

IMG_7567.jpg

IMG_7565.jpg

IMG_7566.jpg

Thank you for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D,

When is the last time you cleaned your filter? And, what is your pump speed?

Logically, either you don't have enough flow or you do.

If you don't have enough flow it is most likely that either your filter is dirty or the pump speed is too low. Or a combination of both.

If you have good flow coming out of the returns to your pool, then more then likely the Flow switch in your IC40 is bad. I recently had a broken one.

Should be under warranty, but less than $100 and a pretty easy DIY job...

The red and green flashing lights happens for a few minutes when the SWCG is initially turned on.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I checked all the valves they were open.

I increased the flow slightly from the pool suction cleaner to the skimmer and now the light for the flow is green.

I'm not sure what is or what was wrong. All lights are green now.

The cell light was green now it's off

0f8e3366c02f7c467465fad7569f0f80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.