Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with Pentair IC40 SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with Pentair IC40 SWG

Hello I needed some help and advice with my Pentair IC40 salt water generator.

This morning when I checked my pool chemistry my chlorine was zero. I noticed a red light on the flow display on the generator. Therefore I clean the generator using 50-50 acid mix to remove any calcium deposits.

After the cleaning the flow light turn green however, few minutes later it turned red again.

Also The top two lights for salt level are also flashing green and red.

My question is is it something I did wrong or is the salt generator malfunctioning. It's about two years old.

Here are some pictures of the display screen.

IMG_7567.jpg

IMG_7565.jpg

IMG_7566.jpg

Thank you for any help.

Salt water 28,000 Gal Pool with 1,200 Gal Spa
    Satin Matrix Pebble surface
    Pentair Intellichlor Salt Chlorinating system, Pentair Intellifo Variable Speed Pump
    Pentair 400,000 BTU heater, Dolphin DX5S Robotic pool cleaner
    750 sq foot Solar Pool Heating, Rock Grotto with waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with Pentair IC40 SWG

If the red Flow light is coming on.... is there something blocking the flow to the device? Any valves turned over the winter that need opening?

Do you have a manual with troubleshooting tips in there?
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

D,

When is the last time you cleaned your filter? And, what is your pump speed?

Logically, either you don't have enough flow or you do.

If you don't have enough flow it is most likely that either your filter is dirty or the pump speed is too low. Or a combination of both.

If you have good flow coming out of the returns to your pool, then more then likely the Flow switch in your IC40 is bad. I recently had a broken one.

Should be under warranty, but less than $100 and a pretty easy DIY job...

The red and green flashing lights happens for a few minutes when the SWCG is initially turned on.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I checked all the valves they were open.

I increased the flow slightly from the pool suction cleaner to the skimmer and now the light for the flow is green.

I'm not sure what is or what was wrong. All lights are green now.

The cell light was green now it's off

Salt water 28,000 Gal Pool with 1,200 Gal Spa
    Satin Matrix Pebble surface
    Pentair Intellichlor Salt Chlorinating system, Pentair Intellifo Variable Speed Pump
    Pentair 400,000 BTU heater, Dolphin DX5S Robotic pool cleaner
    750 sq foot Solar Pool Heating, Rock Grotto with waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Ahhhh... all is well with the world again

Sometimes you just won't know what it was about.... but as long as the cell is happy and producing.... yada yada yada
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard