Removing Rust and Other Stains

Oct 21, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Hi. This forum is the greatest thing since the invention of the swimming pool. I've had great advice from here. We bought our home last year, which came with an old but structurally sound in-ground pool. It's age is showing, though. I'm posting to ask how I can remove rust stains and other marks from the surface. Here's a photo. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=NFpId2pUSTQ5c0FYRjU2TkNRV2otX2tXUy0zUHR3Any suggestions? Do I have to drain it and repaint it? Hope not. Thank you!

Have you identified all the stains as metallic? Any organic staining?

Also, if metals are present you need to find the source or else treating the pool for stains is a lot like pouring oil into a car engine with a leaky crank case seal - you're just masking the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A vitamin c tablet rubbed on a metal stain should fade a metal stain. If it doesn't, then it isn't likely metal staining. A chlorine puck rubbed on an organic stain should fade an organic stain.

Try those methods is a good place to start.....and post back with results, questions :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.