Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 1400 replacement cell and sensor different between cells

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aquapure 1400 replacement cell and sensor different between cells

My flow sensor died on the aquapure and I ordered a kit with the new style sensor and cell as I believe my cell is not far from gone either and it was much cheaper than purchasing them separately. I notice the cell appears to have 3 prongs while others have 2 prongs. I'm wondering what the difference is?
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400 replacement cell and sensor different between cells

The 3 prong cell is the 1400 model with two sets of plates (13 plates total). They say 14 blades because it's two sets of 7 but the center plate is used by both sets of plates so there are only 13 blades.

The two prong cell is the 700 model with only 1 set of plates. (7 plates also called blades).

The aquapure box has to be configured for the cell type.

The chlorine generator Power Interface Board (PIB) is configured as a 1400 model by factory default.
    However, the Power Interface Board can be configured as a 700 model.
    To configure the board as a 700 model, use cutting pliers to cut the JL1 jumper as shown in Figure 9.
    If your old cell was a 700, the JL1 jumper will be cut. To use the 1400 cell, you have to reconnect the jumper.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.