Jacksonville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all I am attempting to recreate our pool build which was created on a different website. The reason for this is because TFP is a much easier website to be able to navigate and use. We built our pool in 2009 and got many ideas from both this site and the Garden Web Pools and Spas. So Here it goes:

Our New Pool Build in Jacksonville, FL
brentr_gwJuly 23, 2009

I have been on this forum for couple of months now reading and posting and wanted to thank everyone for all the great information and advice.

Here are some specs

New Pool Discription

10 x 20 approx 225 sq ft

3.5 ft to 4.5 ft, approx 6500 gals.

2 swim out benches 5 ft on one side and 10 ft on the other

2 ft waterfall

Bubbler

2 outside returns for dolphin statues

6 x6 tile, Hawaii, blue color

Pebble tec finish

Salt water system

1100 sq ft Tremron Estate pavers, colors are coral, charcoal and south beach

Coping color is coral

92 ft of 12" x 12" footers for pool cage.

1.5 hp pump

DE filter

Possible Heat pump

The pool will be next to a 16 x 20 enclosed screened in patio.

I will try to post some pics. We signed the contract on July 4th and the PB told us we will be swimming in 29days.

k4lzjhL.jpg

yhVfFo3.jpg

5SY04ON.jpg

NHx9B9f.jpg

l6bzZzr.jpg

NJ8oIgQ.jpg

An3Yvwl.jpg

O9vztR5.jpg

eqesWxo.jpg

5XEHw4G.jpg

F1cLAuH.jpg

F1cLAuH.jpg

Iv6MzQ4.jpg

RPMhJ1M.jpg

vOqOekd.jpg

0BxrsuV.jpg

8PxZS7m.jpg

0yxRBeh.jpg

9lGk1RY.jpg

NXXBSbN.jpg

ErB8ey4.jpg

YYbjqLK.jpg

MezztfB.jpg

fH4VaKu.jpg

hHR6obV.jpg

aTWkL5C.jpg

iWfignN.jpg

EJ6iXTu.jpg

6HkQQbZ.jpg

Pn1Ixlh.jpg

PRNIM8m.jpg

ajFiibZ.jpg

NQUqPBu.jpg

zicNq3V.jpg

JVKk25K.jpg

WneDUgE.jpg

g46GFFU.jpg

2NjmGtM.jpg

gH9lbjw.jpg

gGyUGJ6.jpg

Here is a pic for those of you who think that our pool AKA SPool (Social Pool) is too small. There is over 24 people here in our pool with still lots more room left. The ages range from 4years old to 70 plus years old.

QCBY5Dr.jpg

Here is some people playing volley ball

iTDwPc6.jpg

I really enjoyed going through the pictures of your build on the other site, and I am happy you are sharing them here, because it was really detailed and fun to read! I hope you will post the pictures of the dolphin bar and flamingo lounge (I hope I got the names right)! I love the setup and I really wish I had the space to do something similar. My property is only 7786 sf...so I'm just happy I was able to fit a pool :lol:

Daintilus you have a great setup also. I will try to continue posting here.

So the Dolphin Bar and Grill started to change
N3z9nJr.jpg

First we replaced the screen with plastic vinyl but our screen person that he could not guarantee how long it would last probably every 3 years to replace

P3jEyjZ.jpg

Well I had been thinking about building an outdoor kitchen and had my friend do a lot of research, pros and cons on DIY. I also had done some research in purchasing one already built or have someone custom build one but these are way too expensive . I bit the dust a few days before 4th July and purchased one already built, something I said that I was never going to do however it was a deal that was just too hard to pass . Hopefully I did not make a decision too quickly and foolishly. I justified this by saying that I needed a new grill and was going to have to spend some money. This is the Fiji Island built by Treasure Islands BBQ. They claim to have built the worlds strongest Barbeque islands. Here are the specs
- Summerset Stainless Steel 32" Professional Series Grill, rotisserie, infrared back burner
- Bar dimensions 8ft x 6ft with footrest, seats 6-8 people
- Counter top is Slate
- Under-bar lighting
- Umbrella and umbrella holder
- GE 4.3 cub. ft Stainless Steel Refrigerator
- Electrical outlets
- Frame is welded 1" square steel, painted and powder coated

After purchasing the outdoor kitchen, I realized that there was going to be a problem getting it in the screened Dolphin Bar and Grill area, so I had to quickly modify my screened door. I contacted my screen man and he came out the next day and put in a double door, I also had him replace the screen on the top and put in tinted vinyl so that we could enjoy the bar area and grill when it was raining. I am planning to put in a small sink in the corner behind the bar as I pre planned for one by running plumbing for water and sewer. Just another project in the works They we bought a pre made custom kitchen. I could not pass up on this deal. The price was right:D

I should have listened to the wife when she wanted me to install double doors, so guess what? I have to have double doors installed in order for the kitchen to be installed.

rgm3bvk.jpg

P8css4T.jpg

ATEhkDL.jpg

qDQBdGP.jpg

jDT7P25.jpg

New sink installed and plumbed to the outside

SFukTwW.jpg

v6y0R1i.jpg

noQFGpH.jpg

After a few times replacing the vinyl over the summer kitchen we decided to get something more permanent. We wanted something more permanent that the vinyl over the Dolphin Bar and Grill so after many quotes form various companies we decided on Suntuf. We also added another door on the other side of the pool.

VEEfaJj.jpg

rMwj1l5.jpg

hR0og88.jpg

Night time pics, looks like diamonds in the sky, this was very unexpected,
This is a pic from the Flamingo Lounge

M7Kzde9.jpg

OZxoGWD.jpg

cULwO8h.jpg

tKUCi3c.jpg

Hi Brentr. Thanks for sharing here. I also had come across your posts on this forum and other sites, specifically as it relates to researching interior finish colors. Any chance you have close ups of the finish either during or after application? I haven't seen the Beach series anywhere else and your photos look much different than the Marquis series (Quartz based aggregate) Antigua color. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to be missing pics form those couple days. I can tell you that per the builder, he suggested not completely exposing all the pebbles initially. We went with his idea and the past 7-8 years the pool has gradually changed which we think is nice. The theory is that as you brush your pool you removed a very thin layer thus exposing more pebbles. We have noticed more and more exposed pebbles and it looks like our pool gradually has changed. Also hopefully our plaster will last longer.

Hi Brentr. Thanks for sharing here. I also had come across your posts on this forum and other sites, specifically as it relates to researching interior finish colors. Any chance you have close ups of the finish either during or after application? I haven't seen the Beach series anywhere else and your photos look much different than the Marquis series (Quartz based aggregate) Antigua color. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have been wanting to put a sacrificial zinc in place because I have noticed some corrosion on my pump and pool cage. I soldered a long thick pencil zinc and attached it to the bonding wire. The pencil zinc is in the ground about 2-3 inches deep. The ground is moist. I hope this helps

oHVeOBW.jpg

Took the pool cover off and tested it. Looking forward to a relaxing day however the Grand Kids came over unexpected and general chaos :eek:

I seem to be missing pics form those couple days. I can tell you that per the builder, he suggested not completely exposing all the pebbles initially. We went with his idea and the past 7-8 years the pool has gradually changed which we think is nice. The theory is that as you brush your pool you removed a very thin layer thus exposing more pebbles. We have noticed more and more exposed pebbles and it looks like our pool gradually has changed. Also hopefully our plaster will last longer.

I know that this is too late for you but after much searching I finally found the pic of the plaster installation

Hi, love the color of your water. I am also in Jacksonville and just starting to look for builders. Hoping to sign something in a few months as i hear it is cheaper in the fall/winter.

Thanks Please post pics when you start you process. There are lots of people who can help you :cheers:

Some fun pics of inground bubbler. I can adjust the pressure manually with a pentair never lube valve. it went all the way thru the top of the pool cage and I did not have it on full pressure.

btdfOTf.jpg

p1pzyfP.jpg

WF10WKp.jpg

This is the shower attachment and it is really great for cooling off in the heat of summer. Cool rain on your head.
hm2IB8m.jpg

zFuzPGI.jpg

xdpfLtl.jpg

0VA6ca9.jpg

Pentair deck jets

lA7WdLJ.jpg

YW53OjB.jpg

SpuAKKm.jpg

P0Bwmrn.jpg

Mermaid Dolphin Statue

QkGa0C4.jpg

DW wanted new webbing for the outdoor chairs so I replace them. the old ones lasted 20+ years :cheers:

Old on the right and new on the left
dbtgallery.php

Time to replace was about one beer per chair:cheers:
dbtgallery.php

Mr Lobster loves the new webbing
dbtgallery.php

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.