duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
This information is now long out of date. TFTestKits does not ship to Canada.

Good news! On July 5th, I will be willing to experiment shipping the test kit to Canada. You may place a request for a kit immediately but I cannot ship until the 5th. Now, as always, there’s some not-so-good news, so please read carefully the qualifiers below.

1. I will start by only accepting orders for 4 kits until those 4 are delivered successfully. Once that’s done, I will ship any other kits just like in the US, within one business day of receipt of payment.

2. Please do not order the kit thru the website. If you’d like one, email me your order and whether or not you’d like the salt test option. I will then email an invoice to you that you can pay thru Paypal or with any major credit card.

3. I will only send invoices to the first four that indicate they want a kit. All other emails will get a reply from me stating that I have your request. I will send you an invoice once the first four “guinea pigs” have received their kits.

4. The kit will be the same price in US dollars as in the US. $68.00 standard price, $63.00 for a TFP annual supporter, and $58.00 for a TFP lifetime supporter.

5. Shipping will be only by USPS International Priority Mail. My speculation is it will take 3-6 days from the day it’s shipped, but I truly have no idea if that’s correct.

6. This is a biggie….shipping and handling will be a flat $35.00 US dollars. It will include insurance for $68.00 and Confirmation of Delivery……you may have to sign for it.

Please read these last two items carefully:

1. Customs or tariffs will be the responsibility of the recipient. I just can’t figure out how much, or if any, it will be. That will have to be between you and Canada Post.

2. In the event the kit is lost in transit, I will provide you proof of mailing but the collection of damages (getting your money back) I have to leave primarily on your shoulders. Our long-time experience with US Postal claims has been, well, not impossible but tedious.

As a business person who truly wants this to work, I realize I have made the transaction less comfortable than either of us would like. However, as a businessperson again, I am compelled to put all these qualifiers in place because I am exposed to significantly increased issues that may be very difficult to handle. I really hope this all goes smoothly and ya’ll can get a good kit in your possession that will help you maintain your pools. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kinguni said:
How is the experiment going? I'd like to try ordering one this week. Any problem taking Canadian credit cards? Quite a few US retailers don't accept them.
The first two kits were shipped last week and both arrived within 7 working days. In both cases there was no duty or tax collected by Canada Post.

Based on that experience (and a few things I have learned) it looks like shipping the test kit to Canada is pretty simple. I may have been overly concerned for nothing. So, that said, I am willing to ship any test kit to Canada via US Mail (priority) and Canada Post.

I cannot guarantee anyone that there will not be some duty or tax, but things look pretty promising. The one thing still unresolved is how a loss would be handled. The $35.00 for shipping includes insurance, I'm just not positive how it would be resolved if a kit really got lost......My current policy is to cross that bridge when we come to it. :lol:

Many thanks to the two nice folks who were willing to be the "guinea pigs". I'm glad that it worked out well and I think they got a good kit at, at least for Canada, a terrific price.

Kinguni, both of them paid thru the Paypal gateway so I don't know if they paid with a credit card or had Paypal accounts (we accept both). I really doubt there was any problem as Paypal is pretty universal for just about any credit card.

One of the happy Canadian"guinea pigs" here. This transaction went perfectly. I have been
using pay-pal for years and never had a problem. I have had many things shipped
from U.S to Canada and never had a problem either. Priority shipments don't seem to get lost
these days. Hopefully this will continue. Big thanks to Dave for making this happen as it
is a much needed product here!!

2nd Guinea Pig here, and I did not have a paypal account but they allow you to use your credit card, it came up here no problem at all, and in fact, I wa shocked when the Canada Post guy delivered it, immediately I reached for my wallet to pay some duty or whatever, and was shocked to see there was none. Kit is a little more expensive then if I had bought a similar Taylor Kit at Pool Store, but unlike this site and Dave and the guys, pool store cost me more money on long run and these guys are always willing to help out a fellow pool owner.

You wont go wrong ordering this kit at all.

Dave is the MAN!

Rik

Well, I can't use the Paypal gateway due to an issue I had in the past with Paypal and both my CC and my bank account numbers locked into an inaccessible closed Paypal account, so as much as I want this test kit, I have no way to pay for it. :cry:

Looks like I'll have to spend a little extra for a Taylor kit locally.

Ron

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.