Opened mine late this afternoon

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
Opened our pool very late this afternoon. Crystal clear, with about 20-30 large leaves on the floor and that's about it. All I checked was CL and PH. CL was 5, CC was 0, and PH was 7.2. I will run a full set of numbers in the morning, after waiting until I bring the water temp up to a higher temp in the house, before checking CYA. Water temp is about 55 degrees according to my SWG reading.
Will run the robot in the morning and brush very well. Should I bring the Chlorine up to a slam level for a couple days, and is the 7.2 PH level ok for now, or should I raise it before adding my bleach?
I have to tell you, that I am so happy with I what I opened with, and it is all because of the TFP!!!

Pooldv, I may have ask this last year and cant remember, but since I will be using bleach for a month or better before kicking on the SWG, do I use the CYA level for non salt water pool until I change, then bring CYA up when I do change over? Sorry if this is a repeat question.

I am starting my second full summer with my pool, and opening and closing myself. Thanks to TFP things work out pretty good!

My numbers are:
FC-24 (I took it to slam level this morning.........just because I wanted too, and pooldv said it would be a good idea.......THANKS!)
CC-0
PH-7.2 (Should come up due to aeration)
TA-60
CH-60
CYA-60 (I figured I would lose more than 10 over the winter, I closed at 70)
Temp-55 and water is crystal clear!
One of the best parts is looking at my pool and not that dang cover!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.