Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opened mine late this afternoon

1. Back To Top    #1

Opened mine late this afternoon

Opened our pool very late this afternoon. Crystal clear, with about 20-30 large leaves on the floor and that's about it. All I checked was CL and PH. CL was 5, CC was 0, and PH was 7.2. I will run a full set of numbers in the morning, after waiting until I bring the water temp up to a higher temp in the house, before checking CYA. Water temp is about 55 degrees according to my SWG reading.
    Will run the robot in the morning and brush very well. Should I bring the Chlorine up to a slam level for a couple days, and is the 7.2 PH level ok for now, or should I raise it before adding my bleach?
    I have to tell you, that I am so happy with I what I opened with, and it is all because of the TFP!!!
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, Jandy Proflo 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opened mine late this afternoon

It definitely won't hurt to raise FC to SLAM level just for fun. Yes, 7.2 is fine for now. Nice work!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    It definitely won't hurt to raise FC to SLAM level just for fun. Yes, 7.2 is fine for now. Nice work!
    So I wait until I check CYA level tomorrow to figure out what SLAM level is?
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, Jandy Proflo 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, FC levels are always based on CYA level and the FC/CYA Chart.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Pooldv, I may have ask this last year and cant remember, but since I will be using bleach for a month or better before kicking on the SWG, do I use the CYA level for non salt water pool until I change, then bring CYA up when I do change over? Sorry if this is a repeat question.
    Mark

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, I use the non-swg levels when I am using bleach and the SWG is off. My CYA is usually 80 and I keep FC at 10ish.
    TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

I am starting my second full summer with my pool, and opening and closing myself. Thanks to TFP things work out pretty good!

My numbers are:
    FC-24 (I took it to slam level this morning.........just because I wanted too, and pooldv said it would be a good idea.......THANKS!)
    CC-0
    PH-7.2 (Should come up due to aeration)
    TA-60
    CH-60
    CYA-60 (I figured I would lose more than 10 over the winter, I closed at 70)
    Temp-55 and water is crystal clear!
    One of the best parts is looking at my pool and not that dang cover!!
    Mark

8. Back To Top    #8

This makes my heart smile! I love that TFP is really working out great for you! You, your pool, and your wallet are the better for it! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit