The One Thing I would not want to do without Thread

psualum

Bronze Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
Douglassville, PA
As a prospective new pool owner, it would be interesting to hear from everyone......if there is one thing (equipment, design, whatever...) about your pool that you would not want to do without, what would that one thing be, and why? Thanks for your input!

I think it would be my SWG. I never want to be without one.

One thing I'm particularly thankful for (and learned after the fact that they can differ greatly) is about my equipment pad. I mentally thank my PB every time I look at it, they made it so neat and not jumbled up like I see pics of here at times (pic in photo gallery). When I see pipes that look like spaghetti or an equipment pad that is so jamb tight I cringe.

Yip :flower:

A TF-100 kit of course. Also, my pool had a Frog installed when I bought the house and I removed it shortly after finding this forum. Even if you don't go SWG, skip the frog. I don't "hate" it since it is silver based instead of copper, but you don't need any metals in your water and it certainly isn't worth paying extra for the privilege. Those trichlor pacs are way overpriced anyway.

As a prospective new pool owner, it would be interesting to hear from everyone......if there is one thing (equipment, design, whatever...) about your pool that you would not want to do without, what would that one thing be, and why? Thanks for your input!

I would choose a swg instead of having to manually add Chlorine. I've now learned the evils of CYA from Trichlor and Dichlor product and use liquid chlorine. Daily addition of liquid chlorine I wouldn't have to do if I had a swg.

Good luck with the process and enjoy the pool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wall Whale pool brush and my Oreq Pro Gorilla Leaf net...love them! It doesn't matter what fancy equipment you have at the pad or whatever Dolphin XXX Supremo PowerMonster 12000 Robot with laser guided heat seeking dirt suction capability and optional 1 nanometer particulate size filter screen you have in your pool. Every pool eventually needs a good leaf net, a telescoping pole and a wall brush.

Hair nets. Seriously, a no brainier for those with furry swimmers.

Interesting, and a great idea to think about. But no getting around that it's a system, and you need the basic's no matter all the rest: an uncompromised water holding container, water, and a sanitization method. After that, it's all about convenience, style, and luxury. As I think back on my last pool, which was just a basic pool, with one pump, one manual jandy valve to balance skimmer and cleaner, one filter, one manual pool light, and a manual fill, and a suction side cleaner, the one thing I hated to be without was that cleaner. It was the one "luxury" the pool had, and when it was out of commission, it was not at all "fun" to have the pool.

With our new pool, which has automation, water features, led lights, swg, resting shelves, baja deck, pebble, bling-bling, auto-fill, spa, etc, I think the one thing I wouldn't want to give up is the spa. To be fair, I haven't gotten to really "use" all the extra things, but for years we dreamed of having the spa, but we couldn't afford it when we did the first one. And with age, comes ailments, aches and pains, and stuff that I believe will make this a worthwhile addition. We lived very happily without the other stuff, and as long as I can walk to the equipment, and keep the cleaner going, we will still enjoy the heck out of it. Not to say we won't enjoy the look and convenience of the other things, but in my view, they are not a "must" have.

Oh, I think there are two other "must haves": people to enjoy it, and TFP to help any pool sparkle..:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wouldn't want to do without the knowledge gained in forums like this. That alone is responsible for turning my pool from a thing of aggravation to a thing to enjoy. :D

Pretty much everything I have is a 'must have' so I have to say 'solar heating', because it means more swimming, more people using the pool, more laughs, more BBQs, more beer, more tunes, more Crown, more potato wedges, more birthday parties, more more more :)

Hey, that's a pretty cool feature!

Sorry I can't follow the rules! :) I cannot pick one thing. I've been trying for a couple of days. But, there are three things that going without would make my pool a whole lot worse for me. In order of importance:

1 TFP
2 Heat
3 SWG

I couldn't do without any of those. The strain would be more than I could bear!

:cheers:

Hey, that's a pretty cool feature!

Sorry I can't follow the rules! :) I cannot pick one thing. I've been trying for a couple of days. But, there are three things that going without would make my pool a whole lot worse for me. In order of importance:

1 TFP
2 Heat
3 SWG

I couldn't do without any of those. The strain would be more than I could bear!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.