Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kingston, TN has arrived

1. Back To Top    #1

Kingston, TN has arrived

This will be my fourth season with my 10,000 above ground. Learning new things every season and this year looks like replacing the sand in our sand filter. We are using a Haywood sand filter but I understand that it might be getting time to replace sand and refill. Looking forward to learning more and more from fellow experts!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Kingston, TN has arrived

wh,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all your pool questions...

Most people here do not believe in replacing the sand in sand filters. Is there a reason you want to replace the sand?

Here is an interesting article for you to read... https://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-a-Sand-Filter

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

I'd sure try that first.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners