Vinyl liner getting frequent holes where sun concentrates

Mar 18, 2017
Suwanee GA
I have a vinyl Kafko liner that was installed in 2011. Since we have owned the house in July 2014, I have had to patch dozens of dime to half dollar sized holes where the sun reflects off windows onto the pool liner. Has anyone else had this problem? I was told by my pool guy that it could be the black granite color in combination with the thickness of the liner (which I cannot find in the paperwork that was left). I don't know if this Kafko brand is a reputable liner or if there are better options. We lose quite a bit of water when the temps are up and we will have to replace this liner. Any recommendations for a liner brand and thickness for those of you that have pools in hot climates that get direct sun much of the morning through early afternoon?

What are options for filling the pool after a liner replacement? Our hose is tied to our main water and we get charged for sanitation which makes filling our pool ridiculous. Are there alternatives that I should consider?

thanks in advance!

Yes I have read quite a bit about the siding damage. I am really looking for anyone with experience with this and what thickness liner and brand is recommended to combat it. I will also take general liner product recommendations.

If your (or your neighbors) windows are concentrating the reflected light on a specific point in the pool then no matter what liner you get, it will fail. Vinyl siding is much thicker than any liner. Before taking care of the liner, you need to figure out which window is the culprit and fix it first. I have seen people say ti's the coatings and others say it's a defect in the glass that makes it slightly convex (thus concentrating the reflection).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.