Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Orange County California

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Orange County California

Hello. My name is Casey. I've been lurking here for about a month and recently gave my pool company notice that March is their last month. We acid washed and refilled 2 years ago and CYA is already well off the charts! I think I can do better and save a little cash.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Orange County California

Hello Casey and welcome to TFP! You have the right idea about taking care of your own pool. You CAN do better. If you don't already have one, please ensure you have a trusty TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) test kit. It all starts there. Let us know if you have any questions. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

B,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for saving a little cash...

Glad to have you here...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys. I do have a Taylor K-2006 I bought over the winter, but I have only recently started using it. Honestly, I was a little intimidated by the test procedures at first, but I'm getting the hang of it now.
    18,000ish gallon outdoor gunite pool & small spa (built in 1970s, re-plastered at least once)
    3HP Pentair Inteleflo VS Pump-011018; Waterway Crystal Water/Aqua Clean Cartridge Filter 570-425; Rheem 267A Gas Heater; Taylor K-2006 for pool chemistry testing

5. Back To Top    #5

So glad to see you. I am glad you gave us a little time to help teach you. Do you have a test kit yet?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP. It may seem crazy at first, but take your time - read articles and ask questions. You will gain confidence and knowledge quickly.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.