Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: unable to remove flow sensor

1. Back To Top    #1

unable to remove flow sensor

So I have an Aquarite SWG and the flow sensor is bad. I've already got one on order but I attempted to remove the one that is currently on there and I'll be darned if I can't get it out of the hole. Something is rattling like something is broken and I've rotatated it every way possible and it still doesn't want to come out. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: unable to remove flow sensor

Google AquaRite flow sensor for a picture.
    There is a stalk and a stainless steel flap with a button.
    Most likely, the flap is bent out and the button is getting stuck on the edge of the hole.
    Try sticking something in the hole to push the flap towards the stalk and remove.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: unable to remove flow sensor

thanks James, makes sense and will try
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner