Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LED Pool Light Roundup!

1. Back To Top    #1

LED Pool Light Roundup!

After seeing how helpful the Vinyl Liner Roundup thread was I thought it might be a good idea to start one about LED lights. I am currently trying to decide on which way to go for our pool build. It would be helpful to include some information about your lighting setup and if you would recommend those lights. Pictures too!
    Lagoon 42x31x20 steel vinyl 25000gal, Easytouch 4, IC60, Intelliflo 2VST, FlowVis meter, CC520, 480sqf Aquatherm Solar collectors, Dolphin A20 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LED Pool Light Roundup!

We just finished our build an we just put in the Pentair Intelli LED lights. One in the pool and one in the spa each independently controlled, they look awesome! I love hanging out at night by the pool.

Loc: So Cal Full Sunlight, IG 30'x15' Rectangle, 21,000gal w/ 2100gal Jac w/ Spillover
    (SWG) Pentair Intelli IC40, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed UEE Pump
    Pentair Mastertemp 400 Pool and Spa Heater
    Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter CCP-420
    Intellibright 5G Color Pool and Spa Lights, Hayward Nav Pro Pool Vac, Taylor-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Jedisparky View Post
    We just finished our build an we just put in the Pentair Intelli LED lights. One in the pool and one in the spa each independently controlled, they look awesome! I love hanging out at night by the pool.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    What are the dimensions of your pool Jedi? We had a halogen light put in and I would like to replace it but have heard the LED's don't out off as much light....I should've had two installed...

Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

4. Back To Top    #4

30'x15' and yes it's darker at the shallow end and I thought I missed an opportunity and should have put one in the shallow end to have complete brightness but it's too late now. After the fact I really don't regret it much. You can see in the picture how the light loss is, but it still lights across all the way. In the end I'm fine with it, it looks beautiful and I love it. So really, it's going to come down to your personal preference. But the LED's are the awesome and I'm as happy as I thought I would be with them.

Loc: So Cal Full Sunlight, IG 30'x15' Rectangle, 21,000gal w/ 2100gal Jac w/ Spillover
    Intellibright 5G Color Pool and Spa Lights, Hayward Nav Pro Pool Vac, Taylor-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Jedisparky View Post
    30'x15' and yes it's darker at the shallow end and I thought I missed an opportunity and should have put one in the shallow end to have complete brightness but it's too late now. After the fact I really don't regret it much. You can see in the picture how the light loss is, but it still lights across all the way. In the end I'm fine with it, it looks beautiful and I love it. So really, it's going to come down to your personal preference. But the LED's are the awesome and I'm as happy as I thought I would be with them.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Our pool sizes are similar. Mine is 32x16. The pic helps visualize. Thanks for the info!

Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

6. Back To Top    #6

My pleasure!

7. Back To Top    #7

8. Back To Top    #8

Jandy 3 x 30 watts

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Magvallo View Post
    Jandy 3 x 30 watts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! Are they the nicheless version?
    Lagoon 42x31x20 steel vinyl 25000gal, Easytouch 4, IC60, Intelliflo 2VST, FlowVis meter, CC520, 480sqf Aquatherm Solar collectors, Dolphin A20 cleaner.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thank you. Yes, they are nicheless.